episode 27: bury a friend

Start from the beginning

The female body found in the Kim residence was just some random corpse she paid for but made it look like it was deliberately wrapped like that of a murder victim. It didn't take a lot of effort to convince Seungwan's hired workers to make it look like they found the body a few feet under.

She was certain that the Kim's would hide it and pay the workers to keep their mouths shut but Lalisa Kim--Taehyung's twin sister found a way around it. Good thing Jennie made her work for the 97 which gave her access to some of Cha Eunwoo's classified documents. It only took a few anonymous phone calls to broadcasting stations and the Kim Family's reputation crumble to the ground.

But her celebration was cut short when Lalisa Kim's face flashed on the screen.

"The documents released regarding the investigation of a female's dead body found in our backyard was indeed true," the youngest Kim stated. "But what the media failed to report was that the body found in our backyard was that the dead female's name is Song Jiyeon, a university student who died of cancer around four years ago.

"We have found about the identity of the body through an investigation conducted by the police and they have confirmed through dental records and DNA samples. We originally did not want this to go public as it might affect the family of the Song Jiyeon who's peacefully residing abroad but seeing as it had caused an uproar in our community, our family have decided to share this information to everyone--with the Song Family's permission, of course.

"They flew from London a few days ago to confirm and identify the body and found this," she showed a gold bracelet with the name 'Jiyeon'. "It was indeed their daughter who they had buried in a Catholic graveyard in Sangdang-gu. Truthfully, we had no idea how the remains ended up in our backyard but an investigation is currently being made regarding this matter."

Irene's grip on the goblet tightened as Lisa turned straight towards the camera.

"To sum it all up, we wouldn't dig up our own backyard if we buried someone there. So everyone should take a chill pill and analyze the situation before accusing us of being cold-blooded killers. I can sue everyone but where's the fun in that, right?" the girls smirked which pissed Irene even more. "So whoever's behind all this should watch your back. You messed with the wrong family--"

The live video was cut off as the announcer awkwardly cleared her throat and continued on with today's news. Her wineglass went flying towards the wall causing a loud shattering sound. She heard steps running up to the room.

"Irene! What happened--"

Her fists clenched and she gritted her teeth.

"This ain't over yet, Lalisa. This ain't over yet."

💎

"Do you really have to threaten people on live television?" Jungkook asked his wife as the camera stopped rolling and studio lights dimmed. "I'm so turned on by you right now. You need to take responsibility--"

Lisa let out a light chuckle before rolling her eyes at her husband.

"On the other hand, everything you do turns me on," he continued. "How about we head home and give Junghyun a sibling. Sounds like a plan?"

"Seriously, Kook? My family's having a crisis and you're thinking about giving Junghyun a sibling?" she asked raising an eyebrow and folding her arms. "Wow."

"Doll, you've done more than enough saving your family," he reasoned out. "In case you've forgotten, you have your own family to worry about. Me and Junghyun."

"We're perfectly fine, Kook. I have nothing to worry about."

"Yeah," Jungkook heaved a sigh in surrender. He knew that if he continued to reason with Lisa, it'll just turn into a full blown argument yet again. "We don't. At least not yet."