At last, his gaze fell on the familiar waterfall of aged mahogany, the deep and rich hue gleaming in the dim light of a thousand candles. Each strand moved freely in a breeze, cascading in voluminous waves a little bit above her waist. Lovely caramel eyes, rimmed by long gorgeous lashes, holding a tiny bit of warmth and just a speck of sorrow. Delicate, almost angelic face that glowed in the dark, unaware of all the lethal danger surrounding her.

Vulnerable. Exposed. Unprotected.

And her neck, oh, her thin and long neck, the throbbing of the veins visible under the pale white skin as the hot blood circulated through her system. How easy it would be for him to snap her dainty, fragile neck. He'd make it quick and painless, like breaking a wooden stick in two.

"Oh, there you are," she finally noticed him, her pink sensual lips stretching in a welcoming smile as she gazed at him fondly, exuding nothing but tender affection. Not a trace of fear in her gentle earthy orbs, however, she should be afraid. "I leave you for a couple minutes and you disappear," she chuckled, her cheeks slightly tainted with a delicious cherry red, a sign of the increased blood flow in the vessels of her face, the blood that would be dripping from his hands in just a bit.

"I was... busy," Jimin uttered blankly, his face eerily stoic as he realized he actually had no recollection of what had happened before he had opened his eyes just some minutes ago. He swatted the alarming thought away, determined not to pay any attention to it.

What seemed to be a shudder swept through her body, making her slightly tremble and she gave a worried look. "Jimin, listen. This thing with Yoongi, it didn't mean anything. That's how he is, he just enjoys messing with me for fun. I accepted to dance with him because I thought it would be useful if I kept him distracted for a bit while you guys find out something about my brother. I put absolutely no emotion in it. You're the only one on my-"

"Do you want to get back to the penthouse?" Jimin questioned suddenly, not caring to let her finish her sentence.

Aera knit her brows together, a tight frown on her forehead. "Get back? But what about the others? I think we should talk with them first, discuss what everyone saw tonight."

"They said they'll meet us there." He said, his face hard and rigid.

"They did?" Aera arched a brow, still not entirely convinced. Her hesitant gaze still lingered on Jimin for a while before her shoulders relaxed and a long sigh escaped her lips. "Alright, let's go." She finally said, causing a victorious feeling to creep up in Jimin's chest, a feeling of achievement of some sorts. He wasn't entirely sure why he needed to get her back to the penthouse, but he knew it was necessary for him to carry on his task further.

Gracefully, she turned around and started working her way through the crowd, her hips swaying with her every step. Jimin shadowed her, pushing his way through the people, dark orbs fixated at her form that now echoed a complete solar eclipse, blocking out his surroundings and causing them to melt away in an unimportant blur.

They both climbed up the marble staircase leading to the entrance and once they were away from all of the commotion, she slipped her mask over her eyes and glanced over her shoulder, pure innocence mixed together with playful mischief igniting in her amber orbs.

Unintentionally, Jimin's tongue cloaked his full lips. Somewhere deep down inside, he wanted her to run so that he could hunt her down. The hidden beast buried inside raised its monstrous face, causing a chilling growl to reverberate through his chest. He craved the chase. His eyes were drinking her in, fueled by something dark and twisted that took over every fiber of his body, wiring him and urging him to harm.