050. Savior

Absently, Yoongi brushed away some of the dust on his shoulder as he slipped in between the trees

Absently, Yoongi brushed away some of the dust on his shoulder as he slipped in between the trees. The darkness was his friend, welcoming him in its cold embrace.

He kept walking until he reached the abandoned Lee family mansion. The grass crackled underneath his shoes, dried out from the intense summer sun. It had grown thick and unkempt, almost black in the twilight.

As easily as if it were daylight, Yoongi's eyes quickly identified where the mansion used to be. His gaze cast over the enormous oak tree by the destroyed building, looming proudly in the middle of the gigantic property.

Flashbacks from that night when it all turned into ashes ran through his mind, and he willingly let himself take a trip down memory lane.

[ flashback ]

- one year ago -

"You fucking piece of shit!" Yoongi roared, refusing to relinquish his grip on Hyukjae's collar as he sent his head slamming right into the wall. His chest heaved with the unleashed fury.

"Look at you, I never knew you could get that angry." Hyukjae still found enough strength to bite back, although wincing through the pain.

"You promised!" Yoongi spat out fiercely, whipping around and dragging Hyukjae with himself before letting go of him and sending him toppling forward. "It wasn't supposed to happen this way!"

He prowled towards him, nostrils flaring like those of an infuriated bull.

"If I'm not mistaken, you agreed to this." Hyukjae sneered, voice full of mockery, wiping the blood from his swollen lip.

Enraged, Yoongi pushed him back towards the wall again. Hyukjae wasn't fighting back.

"We planned all of this, remember? The fire was supposed to happen today." he reminded, breathing heavily.

"But she wasn't supposed to be there!" Yoongi thundered, blind rage destroying him from the inside.

"Now, now," Hyukjae said with mockingly exaggerated concern. "See, it's not my fault that my sister likes to sleep in." His evil smirk made Yoongi's blood boil, the malice pouring from every fiber of his body.

Not now, he thought to himself. He'd deal with the scumbag later. Every second he spent here with him was a second closer to Aera's death.

"You knew," Yoongi accused, dark eyes narrowed to thin slits, full of disdain. "You knew she would be there today. You went behind my back and for that you shall pay." He threatened, too furious to notice the fear flashing in Hyukjae's silver eyes.

Hyukjae merely shrugged. "I thought you'd be happy. I'd say I did the right thing," he said with utter nonchalance, picking his nails, not caring to acknowledge the fact that there was a thin bloody line on his forehead. "The arson was pre-planned, and she was supposed to die anyway. So it's like killing two birds with one stone." He beamed, a psychotic glint scintillating in his eyes.