025. Together

"Demons," Jungkook whispered ominously, his face illuminated by the fluorescent light shed from the computer screen

"Demons," Jungkook whispered ominously, his face illuminated by the fluorescent light shed from the computer screen. "I'm telling you guys, it's definitely demons."

"Babe," Meisa gasped, one arm wrapped around his shoulder as she stared at the computer as well. "I think you may be right."

Aera squinted to read the words on the screen better. "How do I know if I'm being possessed by a demon?"

"This is useless," Jimin commented, plopping down on the couch next to Aera. She gulped upon feeling his thigh brush against hers. At the same time, she was glad he had gone back to his usual, not-shell-shocked self. "We may never be able to figure it out."

"If you have a better idea, please, I'm open to suggestions," Jungkook's lips stretched in a wide exaggerated grin that didn't reach his eyes. "Unless it involves you grabbing my computer and slamming it against a wall."

"Jungkook!" Meisa scolded in a hushed voice. "Too soon."

"I have a question. When you turn invisible, can people still hear you? Because I'd give anything not to listen to your desperate attempts at sarcasm now." a low growl reverberated through Jimin's chest and it made Aera shudder.

"Stop this," Namjoon intervened, determined to restore the peace. "Jungkook, don't talk like this to Jimin, he's older than you. Also, I'm fairly sure he could easily smash you against the ground like a fly now." A visible wince passed through his face and his shoulders slightly stiffened.

"Not if he can't see me," Jungkook grinned mischievously and Jimin grunted, slightly jerking forward when Aera quickly placed her hand over his and he glanced over at her, taken aback. The tension was escalating and was affecting everybody. He was already on edge from almost killing a person, she didn't want him getting even more upset.

"Enough," Namjoon commanded, his hand darting at his temples where he rubbed them. "It's already midnight. We're not going to miraculously come up with an explanation now. I suggest that we call it a night and continue this tomorrow."

"That's probably the most reasonable thing we could do right now," Jin added from across the room.

It had been some hours before Aera had come back from going after Taehyung and had discovered that everyone was still in the security room, including Jin. Turned out, Namjoon and the others had filled him in on everything and he had stayed, now involved in this along with them.

Aera had been surprised to find out that Hoseok had mysteriously left shortly after her.

"We still have to find out what Hyukjae and Yoongi are up to," Jungkook mumbled, chewing on the inside of his cheek.

"And if what Aera saw in that mirror was indeed her uncle, we need to know what did he mean by "it wasn't an accident" and "it's always been you", Namjoon sighed.