038. Doctor

Aera pressed her arms against her chest in an attempt to feel warmer and huffed

Aera pressed her arms against her chest in an attempt to feel warmer and huffed. It was official - the weather had gone mental. Yesterday she felt just fine sporting a loose cotton t-shirt. Today she regretted not bringing a scarf and a hat to endure this unpleasant cold. She glanced up to look at the skies – the clouds seemed angry, almost violent, and the winds were harsh.

"Maybe he isn't coming," Jimin gritted with exasperation. "We've been waiting for almost half an hour."

"He has to," Aera whispered, still full of hope.

"Come here," Jimin ushered, pulling her into his embrace and rubbing her back. She rested her head in the crook of his neck and let his warmness envelop her. "You're freezing."

"I'm okay," she objected, but still let her lids fall over her eyes when the warmth from Jimin's body embraced her.

"If you end up catching a cold while we're waiting for this guy, I'm going to kill him. Like literally kill him."

Movement at the end of the alley caught her attention and she looked in the direction of where it came from. Suspicious, she furrowed her brows and strained her eyes to try and make out something in the gloom. Hurried footsteps could be heard approaching them and she took a sharp inhale once the stranger finally panned into view.

"I am terribly sorry for making you wait."

The first thing that caught Aera's attention was his voice. It was nothing like she had heard before, and it somehow reminded her of Taehyung's with its rich and silky tone, only this one was like a low roll of thunder instead of sultry and seductive. With a voice like this, no one would dare ignore what that man had to say, he probably made all the heads turn when he opened his mouth.

His face was handsome, the type of face that would stop you in your tracks, which on the other hand reminded her of Jin. Tousled dark brown hair pulled back, and large eyes the color of which she couldn't exactly determine in the dark alley, but they held a gentleness, an honesty. Like it wouldn't be too hard for someone to trust and confide in him. His frame was very tall and slender, and his white coat stretched all the way down below his knees.

"It's an honor to meet some of Jin's friends," when he spoke, his expressions matched perfectly the words he was saying as in his whole face lit up like he was genuinely excited to see them. "My name is Choi Seunghyun and I'm a doctor of Psychiatry."

"Nice to meet you, Dr. Choi," Aera said, eagerly taking his handshake.

While he shook hands with Jimin, she took a second to survey his face – he was older than them for sure, but not by much. It was very difficult to determine his age because of the boyish grin that occupied his face, but she concluded that he was probably in his early thirties.

"Jin told you how this was going to work, right?" Dr. Choi arched a brow.

"Actually no," Jimin admitted. "But judging by the way we're meeting, I suppose we're going to have to sneak our way into your establishment."