Remember?

I said I'd do this a long while ago and oopsies it took forever.  In my defense, A Life to Remember has more of a priority to me than this -3-
Anyways, this is a sequel/continuation of a oneshot by Coronaile--go check her Alusion oneshot book out, it's AMAZING ♡♡♡
Anyways.  Enjoy!  (also this is the second upload ive done today, best be fuckin happy-)
category: oneshot (????)
word count: 1552

It was supposed to be him.  He was supposed to be the one who was with Alucard, the one who was supposed to be on the opposite side of Alucard on the altar.  Yet, it wasn't.  And it hurt.  So much.  So fucking much.

Gusion had told himself that he'd be able to deal with it, endure the absolute hurt.  As long as Alucard was happy, he'd be happy.  That's what he told himself for those months, when Alucard's words of praise became less of his and more of hers.  It was all about her.  It nearly drove him insane.  He didn't know how he managed to attend the wedding, how he managed to stand besides the love of his life as he kissed his bride.  Truly, if anybody knew his feelings for what they were, would they have blamed him for what has become of him?

Gusion left the large crowd as soon as he could, stumbling his way out of the church, through the capital and out of its walls.  He wandered still even after he was lost, only stopping to fall on his knees, emotion after emotion rolling over him.  Pain.  Hurt.  Heartbroken.  Betrayal.  Anger.  Hatred

That's where he was found, how he was found, completely vulnerable with warm tears rolling down his cheeks, mixing with the pouring rain.  That's where the deal was struck, his own blood turning into what he was taught to hunt, to kill, to despise.  How simple it was, to turn into what many hate, to what he still hated.

The Abyss was more of a home to him than his first one ever was.

He grew.  Every day the new blood coursing through his veins was fueled by his hate, his pain.  Weeks passed.  They began sending him out on missions--small, at first, to prove his loyalty and test his strength.  He never failed.  He always proved.  Not until the fateful day he was sent on a mission, more than a year after he had vanished from the empire, more than a year since that wretched day.  His hatred still burned.  His pain still thrived.

Ironically enough, it was raining, just as it had been on the day of his fateful agreement.  Gusion walked, surrounded by lower-ranking demons, unaware of the truth of the task ahead of him, unaware of what the mission was to hold.  He was told to annihilate all the demon hunters at the site, mentors taking out their apprentices to train them in defeating low-level demons.  Gusion remembered when Alucard had done the same with him, had assured him the Abyss had never retaliated before.  Oh, how fun this would be!

Nearing the sight, Gusion paused in his step, ordering half of the other demons out before him, letting them invoke the chaos and, perhaps, fear.  Perhaps they'd get lucky and kill a few apprentices.  Gusion had no doubts about his own ability--he had surpassed Alucard in his own with his speed and, well, now that he had string demonic blood coursing through him?  This would be child's play.

He didn't care for watching the first half die, only sitting idly for a few minutes before sending out the remaining.  He could hear them dying--surprising, to say the least, not that he cared.  His empathy for the beings were none.  He wasn't told to prevent any casualties.  He was only told to annihilate.

He had begun to move forward when he heard the voice yell out.

"Show yourself, you cowardly demon!  Dare you let your mercilessly send your comrades to their death and hide where we can't kill you?!  Coward!"