Witch (2)

well, i may or may not have written this in less than 24 hours.  there's bound to be mistakes && im pretty sure this is really bad (or took a lotta willpower not to scrap it 1k words in :""''), but the sequel was demanded and hEre it is whoOp -!  im thinking abt adding one more chapter or adding lil dabbles of them in this au.  who knowsss, ihatethissssaahahhaahhahaaa--
category: series
word count: 2121

He was always in the run.

Every town he went into, there were wanted posters nailed into trees, onto walls, signs--everywhere.  Gusion was a wanted man--dead or alive.  And as of now?  Now, it was leaning to the former.

Every day grew progressively worse for him.  The magic he'd unleashed from within him was slowly taking him over, slowly consuming him.  Anything related to light that he tried to create soon burst into black flames or turned completely into black.  Truly, the foundation he'd built himself on had that inky blackness seeping into it.

Losing Alucard only made it worse.

That look of utter betrayal and brokenness was etched into Gusion's mind, a picture he'd never forget.  It haunted him, broke whatever remained in his darkening heart.  It was killing him, faster than the dark magic was killing and overtaking the light magic he'd abided to for years.  It was an exhausting process--some days he couldn't even bare to continue on his aimless trail, collapsing onto his knees due to the energy draining from him body and the darkness consumed him.  Before, it'd only happened when he had been walking, far from civilization.  Now, though?  It changed.

Gusion had taken a risk.  He'd walked into a fairly-sized town, a cloak covering his body and a hood over his head, its cowl sending a shadow over his face.  He thought he'd be safe, after all, he'd been wandering aimlessly for three, almost four months now--or had it been more?--with limited food and constant sickness from the dark magic running through him.  He'd lost weight, Gusion was completely certain of it, and he doubted his body shape be recognized from within his cloak with that loss of weight.  He would be fine as long as his hood was up, as long as his face was hidden.

Gusion hadn't expected another one of those attacks.

It'd creeped up on him, it always did, and by the time he had realized it, it was too late.  A sudden wave of nausea over took him and he stumbled on his step as the energy was seeped out of him.  He barely had the time to mumble out a cuss as he fell down onto his knees.

Concerned, a passerby stopped in her steps, hurriedly rushing over to the fallen-witch's side, unknowing in who it was.  "Excuse me?  Are you okay?"  Upon receiving no response, she started to reach for Gusion's hood.  Weakly, he tried to bring up a hand to stop her but was unable to do so.  The woman pushed back the hood, revealing a face still plastered all throughout towns.  There was a pause of silence.  And, then- "Guards!  Help!  The Deceiving Witch!"

The woman's voice was loud and shrill, bringing attention to all those around her as she began to retreat away from Gusion, finger pointed at the fallen male.

What came after that Gusion could only guess at, as the last thing he remembered was seeing the fear in that woman's eyes before he passed out.

Blackness consumed his world, his mind as his consciousness was locked away somewhere.  It was dark, cold, haunting.  It was everywhere--there was no escaping it.  In his mind, he ran, looking for a way out.  If he screamed, no echo.  It was utter nothingness, horrifying within itself, time having no--

"-tch!"

--concept there.  Panic rose up inside of Gusion.  Would he be able to escape his mind this time?  Would his--