A Life to Remember (5)

i didn't forget to add this on oop-
category: series
word count: 1547

The ingredients and necessities needed for the ritual took months to acquire.  Vexana only told him what was needed, not one did she give to him.  Some of the items were only found in the Abyss--the majority, really--so his stay in the dark realm went on longer than he had planned.  Not that he minded.  Anything and everything for Alucard.  His stay there only worsened the curse--he could feel it inside of him, feel the dark magic responding to the darkness surrounding him, to the ground it tread on.  The demon attacks continued to happen, yet majority were just low-levelled demons, compared to the higher levelled demons that had been more frequent before he had visited Vexana's.  Gusion paid it no mind and instead focused on gathering the items, glad to barely expend any energy on killing them.

Finally, the items needed from the Abyss had been gathered.

Gusion couldn't help but wonder if anyone in the Empire gave a shit about his disappearance.

He doubted it.

Nonetheless, he trekked his way out of the Abyss and back into his realm--he'd never been so damned glad to see the sun before.  No, he had been, but that had been with...

He kept on walking.

His way to the Moniyan Empire's capital city was a breeze if one were to compare it to his time in thr Abyss.  Though surprised, the majority of people knew who the Holy Blade was, even with the tattered cloak he wore over his usual clothes.  It was a parting gift from Vexana, in her words, because he'll need it.  The deal made merely minutes beforehand offered no doubt to the mage.  Thus, he had placed the grey item over his shoulders, lifting up the hood over his head, cowl shadowing his face, and had continued to wear it the same way on his journey, only lowering it when needed for facial recognition.  Such times were at the wall borders, needing verification of his humanity; using his face and identity as an easy pass; and others, one of such being his current situation: getting into the capital city's castle to talk to Tigreal.

It was surprisingly easy--go missing for a few months and the people looking for you will shove the majority of their stuff away to make sure you're actually alive.

The doors towards Tigreal's office were a dark oak; black hinges holding the arching doors.  Gusion was pretty sure he'd heard Tigreal grumble about how they were too extravagant before; it made sense, considering how Tigreal much preferred the battlegrounds towards to a study.

Gusion didn't bother walking in--a servant hadn't already gone in and informed Tigreal of him already, anyways.  The doors, obviously, were much more sturdier than Vexana's were and didn't creak upon opening.  Nevertheless, Tigreal turned to face him as the doors opened, turning away from the window he'd been looking out from.  His gaze searched the mage up and down, hefting out a sigh as his shoulders slightly sagged in relief.  "You're alive."  He fully turned around to face Gusion, turning his body away from the window.  "Close the door, would you?"  He asked, to which Gusion replied; turning around and closing the doors behind him before facing Tigreal again.  A brief silence settled between them.  Then, Tigreal spoke, "Where've you been, Gusion?"

"Where I was doesn't matter, but what I propose does."  Gusion stated, evading the question Tigreal had asked.  He was unwilling to share the contents of his trip.  Not yet, at least.  Sucking in a breath, eyes cold and solemn, Gusion got straight to the point.  "I know how to bring Alucard back."

Tigreal tensed.  Slowly, he started, "Gusion.  It has been months.  I know it has been hard on you, but-"

"Necromancy."  Gusion interjected, ignoring Tigreal's words as he stepped forward, bringing out a book from his sack and placing it down on Tigreal's desk.  It was old, tattered, and its title was written in an elder tongue.  Gusion kept his eyes on Tigreal as the leader's gaze shifted down towards the book, Gusion's hand splayed on its top.