Bullshit and Love

A/N.

HEY GUYS.  WHO HAD ME UPDATING THIS FIC ON THEIR 2023 BINGO CARD?  I DIDN'T!!  IM IN FUCKING COLLEGE WHY AM I WRITING ABOUT A SHIP I LOVED IN MIDDLE SCHOOL!!  WHAT THE FUCK!!!

WHATEVER.

wattpad is also getting rid of my italics and im too lazy to re-put the majority of them in so DEAL W IT.  ENJOY YOUR MEAL.  ITS 10K WORDS BRO

word count: 10,611

---

"So it's a form of… love magic, affecting him?"

The doctor nodded, much to Gusion's befuddlement.  Further than befuddlement, bewilderment, really, because why would the demons be messing with that sort of bullshit?  It made no sense.  Absolutely zero sense, and Gusion doubted even Alucard would know why the demons would be fucking around with love magic, and that guy was a walking encyclopedia of demonic knowledge.

Speaking of the man.

"It's unsure when magics effect will run out in Alucard's system, but for the time being, it'll be safer to go along with it, as we don't know if rejection will pose any adverse reactions towards him.  Due to the nature of the attack, it's guaranteed to be some physical degradation due to the spell, it's just a matter of…  Ah, well, you already know all of this, don't you?"

Gusion gave the doctor a very polite smile, because, yes, he did know this.  His family had made sure he knew everything that was in relation to magic there was, and magic originating in magic was, in fact, in the textbooks.  And having worked alongside the monastery with Alucard, yes, he knew about demons and their nefarious actions.

He was going to rip his hair out.

"Yes, but thank you for explaining it."  The doctor relaxed at Gusion's words–you know, it was probably a good thing Gusion hadn't been affected by the spell instead of Alucard, because Alucard was shit at social interactions.  Gods, how were they even friends?  Alucard was lucky, a gods-damned lucky bastard to have Gusion.  "Are there any other recommendations, or words I can pass back onto the monastery?  I know they'll be concerned about him, and his ability to get back into the field."

Gusion hated that, hated how Alucard's worth was in his ability to fight, how he had to ask because he knew it'd eventually be asked.  The words tasted so sour in his mouth.

"Ah, well, it's hard to say for sure right now–if nothing negative appears in his physical state, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to return to the field.  I'd say the monastery should give him a week's rest at most, and then send him back here for us to run some tests to confirm his wellbeing."

Gusion nodded along, barely listening.  "Sure, sounds good.  He's good to leave then, right?"

The doctor nodded.  "Right.  I've already checked him out, so you're able to leave whenever.  Do you have any other questions?"

"No, thank you.  The monastery will be in contact with you, and I thank you for all of your work."

The doctor babbled something with a smile, and took his leave.  Gusion found himself alone, outside of the door to Alucard's room, and found himself unable to not think about who the spell would turn Alucard's affections towards.  His stomach did a weird turn at the thought, but–hey, it'd be hilarious to see emotionally constipated Alucard be affectionate with someone.

Who would it be?  Granger?  That almost made Gusion laugh–the looks of help me Granger would be sending Gusion, the man's horrified reaction would be well worth the spell.  Or–Miya, maybe.  The smile fell from Gusion's face.  That'd make more sense.  The two were close, after all, enough so that Gusion wanted to gag every time Miya had been flirting with Alucard.  He gave the other shit for it, was always met with a scowl and told to cut it out.