Witch

whoop whoop, a songfic(series?  probanly)!  also an au!  yes, not set in the mlbb universe wowzers!  based on the song Witch Hunt, specifically JubyPhonic's cover of it.  I highly recommend checking it out!!
**future assmin checking in: i was very, VERY hesitant publishing this.  i wrote it a while back, but i wasn't sure if the finished product would be liked.  but, uh, ive been spammed && i don't wanna displease sO-
category: short series
word count: 1781

He could remember clearly the first time they'd met.  Each memory was as vivid as the faces of the crowd in front of him; people he'd known, people he'd helped, people who'd trusted him. 

The prince--hell, he hadn't even known that the man was the Prince at that time--had walked into his small apothecary nursing a fractured wrist with his other hand.

"Are you Gusion?"  The stranger asked, interrupting the man in question from sorting herbs and different books on some shelves.

Gusion turned around at the question and gave a nod.  "You've got the right guy."  He affirmed, leaning on the counter, tapping his finger to a rhythm as he gave the stranger a once over.  Oddly familiar, a face he felt he was supposed to know.  He brushed it off.  "What brings you here?  I highly doubt you're sick, so you must've injured yourself."  The stranger opened his mouth, beginning to reply, but was cut off by Gusion, "If you're faking an injury to get out of something, leave.  I won't cover for you or anybody's lazy asses."

The stranger blinked, as if not he wasn't used to receiving such a tone aimed at him.  Then, he did his best to suppress a grin and chuckle as he walked forwards, towards Gusion.  "Thankfully for me, I'm not a lazy ass.  I think I did something to my wrist,"  The man held up the wrist in question as he continued, "Hurts like shit if I move in specific directions or use it.  Nothing unbearable, but a bother nonetheless."

Gusion looked at the wrist, noting the bruises on it before gently grabbing it.  "Tell me if it hurts when I do something."  He instructed, glancing up at the stranger who nodded.  His gaze went back down to the man's bruised wrist and he began to gently prod at it, mentally noting each time the other sucked in a breath from pain or actually called out the pain like he'd been instructed.  After a bit of prodding and making the other move his hand around, Gusion let go of the other's.  "Your wrist is fractured."  He simply said as he went back to organizing his shelves, leaving the stranger confused and a tad annoyed.

After a bit, the stranger piped up, "Aren't you going to do something about it?"

"Well, obviously I would, but nothing is free.  Unless, of course, I owe you a favor which I highly doubt.  What's your name, even?"  Gusion turned around once more, his turn to be annoyed.

A pause of silence from the stranger.  "..I'd rather not say."  The male said, shifting his weight onto one foot.

Gusion deadpanned him, closing his eyes for a second and resisting the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose in annoyance.  "New policy," He started, bringing up a finger defiantly.  "No name, no service!"  And, with that, he turned back around before stopping once again.

"Fine!"  The stranger huffed, irritated.  "Alucard.  My name's Alucard."

A smug smirk appeared on Gusion's lips and he turned around, offering a hand to Alucard.  "Pleasure to meet you, Alucard.  I'm Gusion, and I'll be assisting you for a small fee."

Alucard had merely shaken his head and shook Gusion's hand with his good one.  That irritation was written on his face, but there was no hiding the amusement hidden within his eyes.

Alucard had been a simple fix; Gusion had given him what would've been given to any other man with a fractured wrist along with some 'tea', quote unquote.  In its base, it was, in fact tea, but with a bit more in it.  A few drips of a healing potion to heal the fracture in a few days' time.  A witch's work.  Not that anyone knew, of course.  Gusion had kept his secret hidden by hiding in plain sight, a miracle worker for a small town, just another doctor, not a witch.  Witches were hated by the public, whether they be white witches or the black witches.  Hell, the public didn't know the two types, they just assumed all witches were black witches, especially those from the family known as Paxleys.  The occult of Paxley was a well known name between witches and humans, the most powerful occult and family of black witches.  Gusion, unfortunately, bore that last name and yet was not apart of them.  He refused their nature, refused to turn to dark witchcraft and ran.  Now, he was here, using simple spells and potions to help those in need as he hid away.