Win in Death

i just realized i have three chapters in an unpublished of collection of alusion titled angst.  whoops.
category: drabble
word count:719

It'd been over.  They'd won.  At one moment Gusion was standing there victoriously, turning his head to shoot a grin to Alucard and then in the next moment there was a burning pain that shot through his chest as his legs gave out on him.  His hand had automatically placed itself on the wound and, gods, his hands were already slick with blood.  His blood.  Was it his blood?  His senses were befuddled, a sound tinging in his ears.  Vaguely, he heard his name being yelled out, footfalls coming closer to him and a shadow casting over him as the person kneeled beside him.  Alucard.  Beautiful, amazing, Alucard.  A cough suddenly racked his body, and the mage could feel liquid hacked up as well.  Was that blood, too?  Ah, and his head was moved, Gusion's head resting onto Alucard's lap.

"Gusion?"  Alucard questioned, voice wobbling a little bit.  There was uncertainty in it, worry, fear, a bit of panic.  Panic?  Gods, that worried Gusion.

"That's me."  Gusion responded, a weak, lopsided grin coming onto his face.  His voice sounded weird, something off about it.  Something trickled down the side of his lips as he cleared his throat, holding back a cough. 

"Oh, God, Gusion-"  Gusion could see that panic in Alucard's, it was so unusual.  Alucard was stoic, usually showing no emotion, especially on the battlefield.  Quickly, frantically, Alucard had moved his hands over Gusion's, pressing down on the wound, trying to stop the bleeding.  By the blood Gusion still felt seeping through, he could tell it was a futile attempt.

"Alu, calm down, I'm--" Racking coughs took over once again.  Oh, how dizzy the world just suddenly got.  Alucard, Gusion had to focus onto Alucard.  He could do that.  "I'm fine."  Vaguely, Gusion could see Alucard rapidly blinking--were those tears?  Oh, gods.  He was making Alucard cry.  "I'm s-sorry.."

"Sorry?"  Disbelief was in Alucard's voice, clear to Gusion's ears.  "Why?  Why are you sorry?  This is my fault.  I should've made sure they all were dead, I should've--"

"You're crying because of me.  I'm sorry."  Gusion mumbled, not wanting to see Alucard cry.  Oh, how tempting it was to close his eyes.  They were already fluttering, it becoming a struggle to keep them open.

"Oh, God, Gus,"  Alucard choked out, leaning down a bit so he could hear the other better.  "Don't be sorry.  Please.  And keep your eyes open, okay?  Look at me." 

Alucard's face was so close, it was hard for Gusion not to look.  Yet, at the same time, it was alluring to just close his eyes.  Take a small nap.  It wouldn't be hard, he could just close his eyes and.. No.  Alucard wanted his eyes open.  "It's really hard to keep them open."  He mumbled, keeping eyes on Alucard to the best of his ability.  In their reflection, he saw a small visage of himself.  Blood had trailed its way down his chin, and there was pain stricken on his face.  Oh, gods.  He was dying, wasn't he?

"I know, Gus, I know."  Alucard drew in a shaky breath, bringing up his hand to cup Gusion's cheek, trying to ignore the red that stained it.  "Just keep them open for me baby, please."

Gusion's vision had black creeping around its edges.  "I don't want to die."  He didn't want to die, he didn't want to die, not here, not now, not because one stupid enemy hadn't been completely dead and managed to take a shot at him.  He didn't want to die like this, bleeding out in Alucard's arms, his love crying.  Oh, gods.  Not like this.  Not like this-

"You aren't going to die.  Gusion, if you fucking die on me, I'll kill you!  I swear, Gus, I will.  Don't die on me.  Please."  There was such pain and anguish in Alucard's voice.  Gusion hated it.  Hated that he caused it. 

"Alu-"  A weak cough interrupted him, more blood bubbling out from his mouth.  "I love you."  It was getting hard to see.  Alucard's face was blurry and he could barely feel the other's hand on his cheek, barely feel the warmth.  Everything was numbing.  The black kept creeping into his eyesight.

"I love you too, Gus.  So fucking much.  So don't die, please, don't die."

He received no response.