18

Chace P.O.V

The start of my day was just like all the others. Wake up, get ready, and head off to school.

I let out a loud sigh as I looked up at my school building. "Today's gonna be so boring." I silently said to myself. After I lost my friends, school had become so tiresome and lonely... I mean I talked to some people during class and stuff but that was just it nothing really meaningful... I sometimes glance at my old friends who looked like they were having the time of their lives without me. The only thing I really looked forward to at school was seeing Dean but Dean rarely shows up to school leaving me all alone... But the days he does attend are so worth it.

"Hey cupcake watcha doin just standing here?" I heard Dean's voice from behind me and I excitedly turned around, and ran over to him to hug him. "Dean? You're actually here at school for once!" I said tightening the hug. I felt Dean's hands gently wrap around me, accepting my hug. "I actually wasn't gonna show up but I just missed you, you little shit." Dean said smiling at me and roughly ruffled my hair. It's been a couple of days since our date last Friday when we went dirtbiking, I met his friends, then he asked me out and I agreed happily. Dean hasn't been to school recently so we mostly just text and sneak out during nights.

"C'mon I'll walk you to your class." Dean said slowly letting go of our embrace and I followed him towards the school entrance.

When we entered I noticed the halls were decorated with red, white, and blue banners, posters, slogans and such. I realized it was Elections week, when few students from each grade compete against each other to become Class President for each grade. As class president they usually are in charge of planning school activities, fundraisers and stuff... It just seemed like unnecessary stress to me, having to be in charge of sophomores.

I shifted my attention from the cheesy posters of various students asking to vote for them back to Dean.

"Our only class together is last period... so you better stick around the whole day." I said poking his rib cage. "Okay whatever you say captain." Dean said chuckling at me. "I'm serious." I said pouting at him. "I know I know." He said gently grabbing my face.

"Also please don't tell me you're running for class president." I said with a hint of fear on my face. Dean responded with laughter. "They'd never allow me to run... I'm not even allowed to join the chess club." Dean said still laughing. "I'm not even gonna ask why you're not allowed in chess club of all places." I said laughing alongside him.

Our laughter came to a stop as we reached my first class of the day. "Well this is my stop." I said to Dean. "Hopefully I'll see you later?" I said to Dean but it came out more like a question. "For sure." Dean said giving me a quick peck on the cheek and turning to walk to his class in order for him not to be late.

I was about to step into my class but I remembered my English book wasn't in my backpack it was in my locker, so I made my way swiftly over to my locker.    

I punched in my locker combination and targeted my blue English book that laid flat. I grabbed it, held it with one arm and with my other arm I closed my locker. I was walking back to return to my class until a voice from behind me halted me.

"Excuse me sir, if you would only give me a minute of your time, I'd like to tell you how much of a excellent candidate I'd be for Sophomore class president." The voice said and it sounded oddly familiar. I slowly turned around and pulled the hood from my hoodie down.

"Brooke?" I questioned looking at her face. I can tell she wasn't expecting it to be me who she was talking to because she had a shocked look on her face and her mouth was still open.