16

Chace P.O.V

I've been on countless dates before with my ex boyfriend Jason and I've never felt this nervous. Friday had already come and Dean will be here soon to pick me up in a couple hours. He didn't give me any sort of hint as to where we were actually going so I had no idea on what to wear. Just knowing that I'm dressing up for Dean's eyes made me flustered.

Now would have been a great time to call Brooke and ask her for advice on what to wear but my friends sort of hate me right now haha. But I've decided to move on in my attempts to bury the hatchet with Brooke and continue on with my life without my friends and I gotta be honest it has been damn good so far.

"Ugh!" I groaned out loud throwing random clothes up in the air in frustration. I heard a knock on my door and my big brother Royce popped his head in. Yeah I have an older brother but we don't interact often. "What did those clothes ever do to you?" Royce asked smugly as he fully entered my room now. "I don't know what to wear." I said plainly at him concentrating on my closet. "Is Brooke coming over?" He asked giving me a wink, my brother has for some reason always try to get at my ex best friend. "No she is not." I said simply ignoring his presence. "You know I haven't seen her here in our house in a while..." Royce continued to say and that's when I knew he was going to interrogate me. "You guys not friends anymore or something?" He asked. "No we're just busy individuals." I said lying behind a smile. "You've been home alone all week you're not busy." Royce said crossing his arms. "Royceeee" I said dragging his name out in a whiny tone. "Stop bugging me." I said and I turned around to ignore him again. "I wanna know what happened." Royce said and I shot him a glare that said bitchstopaskingme.

"Well if not Brooke then who are you gonna hang with tonight?" Royce said changing the topic. "With Jason." I said lying again. "But you guys aren't together." Royce said with a confused look on his face. "How do you know that?" I said shocked that my lie wasn't working. "Oh mom told me... you know after she told me about you ditching school and also getting caught on drugs by the principal." He said with a big innocent smile on his face. "Okay it was great talking to you!" I said now pushing Royce out of my room. "I wasn't done tal-" he said and I slammed the door on his face. Now to deal with another headache, what to wear.

***

An hour passed and Dean just texted me that he's waiting for me outside my house. For my outfit I decided to wear a plain white tee with a dark denim jacket matched with black jeans with slits -on the knees and some sneakers. Let's just hope I'm not under-dressed I guess.

I made my way down my stairs to get out the front door and I was stopped by my mother who was standing in the living room with her arms crossed.

"Where are you going?" She asked. "Mom I already told you I'm going to the movies with my friend Dean." which was a half lie, I was going somewhere with Dean I just don't know where. "And I already told you, you were still grounded after what you did in school." She said referring to the drug incident in the halls with Dean and the principal. "Mom you've never been this strict before." I said pleading for her to let me go. "I know honey but I have to set some rules now after I know what you've been doing." She replied. "Mom that was a one time thing, I don't do drugs." I said again referring to the drug incident. "You can go out next week but this is your punishment." She sternly said. I ran back upstairs super ticked off that she was treating me like some 5 year old who still needs punishments whose also addicted to drugs.

I pulled out my phone and saw more texts from Dean asking if I was still going. I was already typing out an apology on why I couldn't make it but I began to erase my text. I was not going to miss out on a date with Dean. My mom's going to be super pissed oh my god.