10

Chace POV

"Jason!..." I said chasing after him, but he walked away from me too quickly. "Ugh are you serious??" I said to myself. "He's still ignoring you?" asked Kristen with her lunch in her hands. I nodded and we walked to a random empty lunch table.

"Brooke too?" Kristen asked again. "Yup everyone basically hates me right now." I said sighing. Kristen put a hand on my shoulder "Hey, everyone's gonna get over it eventually... plus you got me right?" she said. I smiled at her but my smile faded. I saw Brooke sitting at Jason's table with a couple of his teammates and a couple of other girls Brooke hated.

"She doesn't even like them, she's just using them to make me mad." I said to Kristen stabbing my food. "Can we talk about something other than your Brooke drama?" Kristen said leaning her chin on her hand. "... Like what?" I asked. "I don't know like asking how I am... for once." she said now picking at her food. I was shocked I didn't even know how to respond to that. "S-sorry its just that hearing about your new best friend... it sucks haha." she said. I looked down now realizing how much of a jerk I was, ignoring Kristen and being selfish only talking about myself. "No my bad Kris, how've you been?" I said. "I've been ya know bus-... Uh Chace look." Kristen said pointing across from me. I looked over my shoulder and across the cafeteria where the grass area was, I saw Dean sitting by a tree staring at me. I blushed and quickly turned back to Kristen.

"Anyways... So any idea's on what I could do about Brooke or Jason?" I asked. "I'm gonna get more juice..." Kristen said getting her things and getting up. "Alright I'll wait here" I said but she never came back.

I sat there alone, everyone in the cafeteria was giving me shady looks. I've heard some stuff people were calling me, one guy even called me a slut. Can you believe it? Me a slut. I looked up and met with Jason's eyes. He looked at me and didn't turn away or anything. He gave me a small smile, a smile that reassured me that everything would be okay, a smile that made me feel protected, loved. But then Brooke whispered something in his ear and he looked away not looking back at me the rest of the lunch.

***

Jason POV

"Don't do this to yourself, Jason." Brooke whispered in my ear. I looked at her then looked down. Chace looked cute today.

***

Chace POV

I was putting my books in my locker when Brooke suddenly appeared next to me opening hers. I forgot her locker was right next to mines... oh joy. I looked at her, "Hey..." I said. "Hey." she simply said and slammed her locker and walked away. I closed my locker and leaned against it. What can I do to make her forgive me? Her and Dean barely went out for like a couple of weeks, she must've really been in love with him to end our friendship over him. And Jason, how do I even start with him? How do I get my life back?

Just as I was thinking about things Kristen walked right past me.

"Kris, wait up!" I said. She turned and then frowned. "Sorry about lunch, I forgot I had to turn something in." she said clearly lying as she wasn't looking me in the eye. "Kris it's alright I know I was making you uncomfortable because of me constantly talking about Brooke." I said and she looked up at me, yup looks like I was right.

"I was just a lil jealous at that moment... I just feel like I'm nothing to you compared to Brooke." she confessed. "If I help you fix your friendship with her you'll just go to her and leave me behind." she continued.

"Kristen that's not true... you know a lot more about me than she does... me and you have something more special. We've been friends longer... I can't just throw something away like that. It's just that when me and you drifted apart Brooke was their for me and you weren't." I said "But this time it'll be different cause I have both of you it's not a competition of who's better... Just please, I really need a friend right now... Don't let us drift apart again." I said. I don't know how all that came out of me but it got Kristen to jump up and wrap her arms around me. "You're right Chace... I'm the selfish one, wanting you're attention and completely not putting myself in the situation you're in right now." she said face against my chest. All the students were already in class so the halls were empty but at the end of the hall I saw Dean.

"No Kristen, I'm the selfish one but it's finally gonna stop right here right now." I slowly let go of her and made my way over to Dean to set things straight. But Jason and his teammates got their before I had. I stopped in my tracks and looked back at Kristen. She had the same confused look I had on my face. What the hell is going on?

None of them had noticed me so I slowly walked back to Kristen to eavesdrop. Jason and Dean at first started talking normally but then they got louder arguing back and forth.

"What the fuck man you were my best friend?" Jason said.

"And? So what, not my fault your little boyfriend wanted a piece of me." Dean said. His words made me shiver. Gross.

"I knew you were an asshole but to me dude? I've known you since Kinder! Now what you're just gonna play around with Chace then toss him like Brooke?" Jason said.

"I might." Dean said. This caused Jason to turn red with anger. "I won't fucking let you." he said.

"Why are you so worked up pal... weren't you the one who broke up with him?" Dean said. I don't know why Dean was being a jerk to Jason when in the gym he was complaining to me that I ruined their friendship when he is clearly ruining it even more by testing Jason.

Jason got closer to Dean, and Dean shoved him. "Back off." Dean said angrily. Now Jason's teammates surrounded Dean. "What's your little gang gonna do? Jump me?" Dean said laughing while cracking his knuckles.

I heard a whisper behind me, "I think this is the part when you break them up." Kristen said. At this point me and her were hiding watching the action. "I know it was getting interesting but... Chace." she said raising her eyebrows. "I know I know." I said now approaching them.

"Jason stop!" I said grabbing his arm trying to drag him away from Dean. "Get outta here Chace." he said heated and threw his arm back causing me to fall on my rear. "Ow! Shit." I said. "Fucker don't touch him!" Dean spat and punched Jason. As always Jason's teammates didn't do anything but watch. Jason punched Dean right back causing Dean to fall back a little but he caught himself. Kristen ran to me and helped me up. "Yo teacher comin'" One of Jason's teammates screamed out causing all of them to scram. "Sorry Chace but I gotta dip... tell me the details later." Kristen said squeezing my shoulder then running away.

I looked at the two boys in front of me.

One with a bruise on his cheek. And one with a bloody nose.

"All of you in my office now!" the principal roared.

***

The Bad Seed ~{BxB}~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara