thirty-four. [2]

He stared at me in some kind of way, that broke me. Mentally I had already shattered into glass on the floor, but physically I was just a wreck.

I'd never seen someone look so damaged and betrayed than Brad did right that second. His chocolate eyes that changed me, moved from me.

"Y-ou kn..."

"No, Luce; let me talk first."A bit of anger in his tone.

"What's wrong with me, do I look like the person who wouldn't give a shit about you."He mumbled. "I would of listened Lucy, I would of. I could of helped you."He spat.

Then I broke.

"NO, you couldn't of helped me Brad, no one could of helped me!"My lips trembled. "You think you can fix everything Brad but you can't, you can't."I moved closer to him.

"That's why you didn't tell me."A sigh escaping his lips.

"I knew-...I was going to tell you but then when I told you the simple stuff you jumped to help me and I was grateful." "But I watched as I slowly got less scared, and afraid, your smile grew everyday."I paused, tears falling from my cheeks. "And I didn't want to take away that smile, because I knew when I left; you wouldn't of just been upset because of me it would of been because you didn't help."I finished, our bodies getting closer. He tightened his lips, his eye lids shut before he walked off and chucked his arms in the air.

"Do I get to see you, can I visit?"He questioned.

I hated to disappoint.

"Brad I'm going because I'm ill, and I won't make it. I don't want you to see me like that. So no."I replied simply.

"What about letters?"He suggested.

"Any idea Brad, take it out of your head."I huffed.

I hated to lie even more to Brad, Tristan had an address to a lady who could then post them to me; I wasn't going to tell Brad because he wouldn't stop there he would end up finding out where I was.

"I wish we did this differently."His whisper almost just a thought in his head. Almost.

"I do too."I stood behind him. He turned on his heels, pulling me into his chest. His arms squeezing around my waist.

"Lucy."He spoke softly into my ear. "Be my girlfriend."

And my heart stopped.