twenty-nine.

I sat patiently in the waiting room, until Tristan walked out of the doctors room with papers in his hands. His eyes were bloodshot, his hair was messy; he must of been messing with it. I ran towards him, my hands connecting at the back of his neck.

"Look we knew this was going to happen Lucy."He whispered. "But you know what, it's going to be okay."

I cried, I let the tears go. I held my breath for a couple of seconds.

"How do you know."I finally mumbled.

"Because I do, I promise it's going to be okay."He smiled, before he wiped away the wet patches under my eyes.

"You never keep your promises."I sobbed, he didn't reply. He guided me back to the chairs.

"Look, there's this small private hospital somewhere...he wouldn't tell me where; but in a couple of weeks your going to fly over to there, remember like the doctor told us at home-"He stopped, passing me the leaflets.

My eyes looked over them, I shook my head. My tears slowly dropping onto the paper.

"And you will be looked after, and your going to have an operation Lucy, after these couple of weeks I'm not going to see you again so I want to make these few weeks count."He closed his eyes, I watched as the tears dropped down his pale cheeks. I felt a kick in the stomach, I rested my head on his shoulder; it was like my head fit there perfectly.

"Lucy I love you."He stuttered.

"I love you too."My voice broken.