The Devil's Fruit

Sakura's POV

"You've always hated me! I always tried to be your friend no matter how rude you were to me or despite you trying to kill me! You hated me! You hated me so much! So don't start to care now, not when I'm about to die Sakura! GO!!"

I had cried leaving Yuyan back there, she was right, I had always hated her, or actually...I was just jealous.

Seeing Sasuke-kun talk to her so casually; seeing him be so carefree around her, something he never was; seeing him enjoy being with her; seeing them hold hands; seeing him carry her around like she was the most precious and delicate thing in this world; seeing him happy with her; seeing them kiss each other; seeing him look at her and knowing that he'd never have eyes for anyone other than her.

I hated her for those reasons. Because she was stronger, prettier, and just a better person, I hated her when I was aware of all those things.

But now...I didn't want her to just die, for me. Why did someone like her have to die for someone like me?

She told me I could fight too, and not to just rely on everyone. Even though I too was a kunoichi, Yuyan just kept on shining brighter and brighter, she had a fitting name for herself. I always scolded Naruto for everything, yet he protected the whole team from Orochimaru, and he's progressed so much. I claim to love Sasuke-kun, yet I couldn't protect him, Yuyan always did, she protected both of them and put their lives far beyond her own without any hesitation or any second thought.

How could I be that strong?

I stopped while running, I still had time to go back and help her, no matter how insignificant I was compared to how bright she shined. This was the time I would be useful to my team, Yuyan wouldn't die, neither would anyone else. We'd all pass this exam together!

Yuyan's POV

There I was, awaiting my death, thinking about all the people, and all the memories I had in Konoha and in Ryukyu..that is until a couple of shuriken flew our way.

"I won't let you hurt her!" I head the voice of an all too familiar pinkette. The rain seemed to fall harder upon my misfortune, gosh doesn't anyone ever listen to me?!

EVER?!

"Sakura! I told you to run!"

"Kakashi Sensei taught us.." she started, "that those who don't follow the rules are trash, but those who abandon their comrades are even worse than that!" She took out more shuriken in between her fingers. "I don't want to be called trash, or stand by and do nothing while you're risking everything for us! So this time I want you to watch my back!"

There was a chance though, Zaku and stupid sound female weren't looking good at all right now. I still drove them into a corner even though I didn't actually win, I probably could have if I hadn't been so easy in Zaku, but there is no 'if's in battle, so now I had to suffer the consequences.

"Ah, so your little friend came back," Zaku picked me up by the neck, cutting off my airway system. Sakura threw more shuriken at him but he used his airwaves to block them causing her to stumble back into the grasp if the wretched female.

She grabbed Sakura by her hair when she fell to her knees. "Your hair is much mor glossier than mine," she waved her hair around making Sakura's head moved side to side, "trying to be a sexy ninja huh? If you have time to treat your hair, then maybe you should train more you swine!"

"Zaku! Get that Sasuke guy and kill him right in front of these two, let's teach them not to mess with the Sound ninja!"

"N-no way...I won't l-let you," my declaration was useless though, Zaku's grip on my neck tightened.