Captain Hisui

Two weeks into the search.

Itachi's POV

"We've tried the the land of  wind, lighting, and earth. We haven't found any trails."

"Search harder!" my father let out a frustrated yell.

The search for Yuyan had, without a doubt, brought the Uchiha and the village together. This was something to be very happy about, they haven't been able to cooperate lately and it's tearing both sides apart. However, ever since the search began my father has been talking with the Hokage for several strategies and possibilities, my father has not complained once, but looks determined to find Yuyan.

Of course, this had made me proud, but Yuyan wasn't here to see it.

Shisui hasn't found any hard evidence on Danzo's involvement in Yuyan's disappearance, but his efforts haven't been fruitless. He has found some connections from Root to Orochimaru and has secretly been supplying the Uchiha and the Hokage with this evidence.

Sasuke and Naruto wait together at the village gates for Yuyan to magically appear. It wasn't easy to tell them Yuyan had been kidnapped, Sasuke passed out and Naruto nearly had a heart attack. After telling them, they'd wait everyday, after classes, watching from the village gates to hoping see if their dear friend return. Even when I told my mother she began to cry again.

Any of us were hardly at home anymore. Father and I assisted in the search, Sasuke was with Naruto waiting or in the academy.

"Father, you seem determined to find Yuyan even though you only met her once."

"I know she's important to you and Sasuke, not ever finding her would break both of you into pieces. Anyways, although only meeting her once I'm curious to see how she turns out and what paths she will take."

What paths?

"Your plans for...the village... she'll get caught up too."

He remained quiet for a little while with his eyes closed. Most likely he was thinking. I had wondered why he was putting so much effort into this, I'm happy to see father still cares for our well being.

"The Uchiha and the village have been cooperating well, don't you think of the village at least a little differently?"

"I guess for once we are seeing eye to eye. But what happens if we don't find her? What if she's already gone? And also, what if we do fine her? What happens then Itachi?"

"Didn't you say you were curious to see what path she takes? You're not the only one father, people are anticipating her return because they too want to see her grow up and prevail. After all of that... I guess we wait."

"Tell me Itachi what do you really think of the Uchiha and the village?"

"I believe that-"

"I found a trail!" Hisui came in the room screaming. Both father and I shot out of our seated positions and turned to face my jade headed friend.

"I picked up some sort of chakra! I don't know if it's Yuyan's or Orochimaru's but I just have a feeling ya know!"

"Doesn't matter if it's just a feeling, lead a team to the location!"

"Yeeeeees sir!" Hisui did his saluting pose, "Itachi, come on! I acquire your assistance!"

We ran out of the room and began to gather whatever free Anbu, jounin and even chunin to help us. In the end we had about 27 people, a little big but we needed all the help we can get. We stood at the village gates waiting for our captain, apparently Hisui, to give us orders