Nothing is Forever

Itachi's POV

"We have plenty of reason to think you are behind it! You don't think we'd be foolish enough to not plant a spy in your anbu?!"

"I wouldn't be talking Fugaku Uchiha, what about the kyuubi attack 7 years ago?"

"The Uchiha were not behind that scheme, you blindly accuse us because of the past mistakes of our ancestors!"

"Whose to say the current Uchihas won't do something similar, we already know you're planning against Konoha."

"Nonsense, the Uchiha have served the village since it was created! The Uchiha are co-founders of the village!"

"And do you think I'd be foolish enough to not plant a spy within the Uchiha?"

My father tensed at that last statement. He hadn't known Shisui and I were giving information to both sides. I'm sure he had figured it was me or Shisui since we were the only Uchiha in anbu. He looked down at me with a disappointed look, but I countered it with an emotionless look trying to hide the guilt. I knew I was a gutless coward and a traitor to both the village and the Uchiha.

"If my son were a spy, your men would not have done this to him, I know your anbu have cursed seals that don't allow them to give out information on you or root. Shisui can't be a traitor because he has been supplying us with information on your connection to Orochimaru. You are a liar Danzo."

"Whatever keeps you happy, Fugaku. You'll remember this conversation in time."

Kakashi, Kiyoko, Hisui, and I were still paralyzed and unable to speak on the floor. They argued and argued, the Hokage tried to stop them but my father grew angrier, Danzo just pressed on and on continuing to irritate my father. It was obvious he was doing this on purpose, what could he get out of this?

The Uchiha and village had been getting along perfectly fine, I even think father reconsidered his plans, so why was Danzo making this worse?

"The village and the Uchiha never see eye to eye, this is why we live separately and work separately! Cooperating with the village for this was a mistake if Danzo was going to trick us in the first place!"

My father stormed out of the Hokage's office leaving us quietly in the room. It was really awkward actually. You have Kakashi on top of Kiyoko and me, then you have Hisui another side of the room flat on the ground. None of us could say anything, but we all glanced at each other. I felt Kiyoko fidget a little on too if me, she was probably starting to gain her mobility back.

"Danzo, why do you want Yuyan?"

"Hiruzen, you are too soft on her. You treat her like a normal girl letting her run around the village making friends like any normal child would. Mind you that she's apart of the legendary Hane clan, she may be a little girl but she has extreme potential, she even has the purple chakra."

"She's only a child Danzo, she will grow and become a great ninja."

"If she doesn't understand her duty now, she never will. Yuyan-hime will grow up oblivious to her duty to the village. She's not a normal girl Hiruzen, she's a weapon."

"Don't talk about her like that!" Kiyoko had regained her voice apparently.

"A ninja like you has no say what we do to her. I decide what to do with her since all her senseis and even the Hokage couldn't protect her from any harm. She will be safe under root."

"My ass she will!" Hisui also regained his voice. I started to get some feeling, but with Kiyoko and Kakashi still on top of me, it was pretty difficult.