Quite the Predicament

Two years later

Itachi's POV

Things had started to become increasingly worse between the Uchiha and the village. I was both a spy for the Uchiha and for the Hokage. It was stressful, especially not being able to have the guts to say anything to either side. I couldn't say anything against my father with the whole Uchiha clan to back him up and I could probably reason with the Hokage, but Danzo and the elders were a whole other matter. I believe that Sasuke and Yuyan are keeping me from going crazy or taking any form of action.

It was good having Sasuke around, my little brother had just started the academy, I was a proud brother, he was doing pretty great too. I wanted to protect Sauske from the conflict between our clan and the village, so I wouldn't tell him about what was going on. I hope it was resolved soon enough so he would never have to find out. Shisui had recently told me he had an elaborate plan to stop the Uchiha's coup d'etat.

On the other hand, if my mother was a little kid, she'd be just like Yuyan. She was a kind and gentle girl who never complained about the anything, she was also strong willed and very wise for her age. The Hokage even said she's similar to the way I was at her age.

Yuyan had definitely gotten stronger. when first coming here her taijutsu and genjutsu were hopeless and she was really clumsy. Although she still is sort of a clutz, her taijutsu for someone her age is almost flawless thanks to all the training with Kakashi-san . She was also able to preform a full genjutsu which was really amazing for someone her age. Her ninjutsu skills are really amazing, Hisui had really done a great job. All in all, I'm really proud of Yuyan, she lives up to the Hane reputation. I'd even say she was some kind of prodigy, no child has been able to accomplish this much at such a young age, I don't think even I did.

However, she began to notice something was wrong with me. Yuyan was very perceptive, especially of people and I was no exception. People had always had a difficult time figuring me out, but Yuyan had no problem whatsoever which is something I had to be wary of. I didn't want to separate myself from her, but I also felt like if I didn't she'd eventually figure out what exactly my problem was. And knowing her she'd do anything to try and save the Uchiha clan to prevent them from ending up like her clan.

But as everything was going, they might just end up even worse. Yuyan would be devastated if she couldn't help, it was her goal to prevent things like this from happening.

"Itachi ni-san!" speak of the devil. I turned around to see Yuyan running and waving at me. However being such a clutz, she tripped on a rock in the middle of the street. I ran towards her and caught her before she could fall on the ground.

"Still falling I see."

"Still here to catch me I see," she gave me one of those cute, warm smiles she always threw around, and gave be a big hug.

"Are you going to the academy?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm going to pick up Sasuke."

"Okay then let's go together!" she pointed forward and began to march in that direction.

"Umm Yuyan?"

"Yes Itachi ni-san?"

"The academy is that way," I pointed to the direction opposite to where she headed.

She sweat dropped, "I-is that so? Hehehe," she laughed awkwardly.

We began walking towards the academy with Yuyan holding my hand, something she normally did when we were walking through the village. She hadn't changed, she was still a little shy around the villagers. After the incident with her and Naruto, people had begun to treat her as an equal, now everyone in the village loves little Yuyan! They must have felt guilty after that huge lecture Hisui gave them on 'what a village and it's villagers should be.'