Splashes and plans (C57)

Aaliyah

I take a deep breath and knock on their door. I was meant to be a fearless alpha but when it came to Kayden I might as well be a human. I take once last breath as I see the door knob twisting.

"Micheal what took you so-" his smiling face drops as he makes eye contact with me. He gulps "A-al" great he was just as nervous as I was "Breakfast" I yell out like that vine from 2015. I mentally face palm myself "Breakfast?" He says raising a brow "Yeah. I made loads and was wondering if you wanted to uh come over" I say ready for rejection "I-" he says leaving me in suspense "I'd love to Aaliyah" he says giving me a small nod "Okay" I reply awkwardly before walking back to our room. He follows closely behind me making sure not to say a word.

"Micheal" he says as we walks in. "Alpha" He says bowing his head. Kayden looks at me confused Micheal never addressed Kayden so formally especially in front of us. I shake my head hoping Kayden wouldn't ask why. "Let me get you a plate" I say walking towards the kitchen "Yeah I'll come with you" Kayden says following me into the kitchen. I open the cupboard and pull down a plate only to turn around and see him staring at me "What's going on with Micheal?" He asks "Nothing" I say handing him his plate "Aaliyah" he says softening his tone "Nothing you need to worry about" I say walking past him back to the table. I hear him huff before following me "So are you guys getting ready for camp?" I ask knowing Kayden would be. He almost chokes on his strawberry "Uh yeah we are" Kayden replies "Good" I say putting another pancake on my plate.

The rest of the breakfast was fine Kayden and I remained, Micheal even laughed a bit. I must admit it the awkwardness at the table loomed right up unit Jay was informed our pack had already assembled at the lake for training "Aaliyah we have to go" he says showing me the time "Oh crap" I say standing up "Sorry guys uh when you're done just leave everything here and we'll clean it when we get back" I say pushing my chair in "No don't be silly we'll clean up you guys go ahead" Micheal says standing and packing everything up "Are you sure?" I ask looking at Kayden he nods I thank them both before walking with Jay out of the apartment.

We run down to the lake to see at least 50 members of our pack standing there "Alpha" they all say in unison "Morning everyone" I say smiling as I walk towards them. Jay waves as he approaches as well. "Thank you all for coming here today I am so sorry for all the years you missed out on camp because I was away but this year we are going to make up for all those years and we are going to win" I say giving a hopefully motivational speech.

Kayden

"Well that went better than expected" Micheal says as if everything was fine "Yeah I guess" I say picking up the plates and cups "So you still planning on wining her back" he asks scraping the left over food in to the bin "I uh" I hesitate as I look down at the dishes I was packing into the dishwasher "it's best that you make up your mind before making any more permanent decisions" he says cryptically as he continues to clean up.

I really did want to be with Aaliyah I just didn't know how to tell or show her. The only emotions I was good at expressing was rage and jealousy. I pack the rest of the dishes in to the washer and smile at the photos she had of her and the others on the fridge.

"The packs waiting for us on top of the mountain" I say checking my phone "Oh shit camp" Micheal says cursing. He probably forgot like I did. I turn the dishwasher on and we head to the mountain. We race from the Alpha tower to the top of the mountain  To see our pack waiting there patiently talking amongst themselves "Alpha" they all bow as I approach "Pack" I say nodding my head to them "Is it true" Derek one of our finest trackers asks "Is what true" Micheal says stepping forward "That the Kings pack will compete this year" everyone remains silent "I'm unsure of the Kings packs current view on that but regardless we need to stay focus and take what is ours" I say remaining unfazed "So you'll fight Aaliyah King in the final round if her pack makes it?" I turn to Micheal realising I'd have to fight her. Fuck. "Let's not focus on that we'll just focus on tactics for capture the flag" I say diverting the guys attention from Aaliyah.

We strategise what we'd do with the flag. It was our Hunters and Trackers who'd find it and it was up to me and Micheal to keep it from our competitors. There'd be two trackers and five hunters in the prison break along with Micheal. Aaliyah and Jay had a really strong connection which would be an advantage for them so I really needed to get familiar with the guys. I felt bad not having any girls in our camp team but the capture the flag got really violent and Aaliyah was one of the only girls who could handle it.

"Great guys we're done for the day training tomorrow at five am" I say to the guys. They all nod "Now let's go for a swim" I say taking my shoes and shirt off. I look down to see the lake was clear. I do a perfect dive and quickly swim over to the rocks in case the guys were on their way down. I look up to see Aaliyah sitting in a bikini watching with her pack. I get up on to the rock and continue  to look in her direction. She nods at me just as I hear the sounds of my pack landing in the lake one by one. It causes her pack to stand up but she calms them down and slowly begins walking towards me "Alpah" she says with and unfamiliar nonchalant expression "Aloha" I say sweeping my wet hair out of my face "Camp meeting?" she asks with a tight smile. Suddenly my mouth doesn't know how to work all I can come up with is a nod.

"Hey Liyah" Micheal says smiling at Aaliyah. I was conflicted on their relationship, I was glad they were getting closer especially if she was going to be my Luna but then again she was focusing more on him than me whenever I was with him. "I think it's time our Alpha jumps in" Jay says walking behind Aaliyah "Don't you agree" Jay says looking at Micheal "Yeah she looks like she wants to go for a swim what do you think Kayden?" Micheal folds his arms and looks at me  "I think so" I smile "Noooo you guys" she says pleading as we walk towards her "Stop" she says pointing her finger at me. I can't help but smile "Ahhhhh" she says as Jay holds her legs and Micheal and I hold her arms "one" I start "two" Micheal continues "three" We all say in unison tossing her in to the lake. She screams on the way down.

Both our packs laugh as she emerges from the lake "I'm going to kill you" she says squinting her eyes at me  "Why me" I groan. She rolls her eyes and extends her hand. I look at it skeptically "I know this trick Aaliyah" I say crouching down to her "Oh come on I can't even carry myself right now what makes you think I can pull you in" she says having a point. I extend my hand and in a matter of seconds I'm flying into the lake. as I emerge from the water I see our laughing betas and Aaliyah with a huge smile plastered across her face "That was a good one" I say smiling as she laughs. I splash her softly and she props herself up on to the rock "Marco Polo" she asks the members of both our packs "We're in" Seb says on behalf of the guys "us too" Jay and Micheal say along with the guys in Aaliyahs pack "Great" she smiles before diving in "I'll be Marco" she volunteers. The rest of the guys get in the water and follow behind. We all circle her teasing and mocking as she calls out Marco repeatedly. She eventually catches one of the guys in her pack who looked like he wasn't trying very hard to escape her.

After a few rounds of Marco Polo we gave up and ended up doing dives off of the mountain. Aaliyah was by far the best "Last one" she says running up the mountain out of breath "Okay all of us together she says holding Micheal and I's hand. Jay was already at the bottom watching from the side "Three" she begins counting down "Two" she smiles at me "One" she says as we all leap off of the edge. I laugh as she squeals. We come up from the water at the same time all wiping water out of our eyes. Aaliyah beats us to shore. I quickly follow after and hop out. "That's was fun" I say smiling at her "Yeah it was" she says looking up at the sun "Thanks for the breakfast by the way" I lean in and whisper to her "Anytime" she says finally turning her attention from the sun to me. Let's just hope she really meant that "So" she says folding her legs and turning towards me "You're reading pride and prejudice?" She asks tucking her hair behind her ears "Uh.." I cough "Yeah I am" I say nodding "That's cool" she laughs  "Yeah have to brush up on my Mr.Darcy" I say looking as our packs swim together. I can only imagine what it'd be like if she ever came back to me. I hear the sound of foot steps slowly approaching in the bush. I quickly stand up for some reason Aaliyah doesn't "Can't you hear that?" I say looking at her, she quickly looks up at me and stares "Oh yeah" I look at her oddly. Something seemed...off.

The foot steps get louder and louder as multiple peoples feet crunch against the leaves. All the guys including Micheal and Jay jump out from the water.

"Fuck" I curse under my breath as the figures from the bush become clear.