Track record (C41)

"So we'll start with Ayala as a lead. And then trace from there. Any hint of a rogue we only interrogate not kill remember this isn't our territory it's for the other packs to deal with." I say making our intentions clear to the team of Trackers and warriors that were coming to look with me and the guys. We'd been planning and coming up with strategies for the past four weeks. We looked around our territories and neighbouring territories but no leads so we decided to try something different and now we're moving on a bigger scale. I'd go with Brett and Colton while Stefan and the others looked in Cecelia.

It was a long plane ride ahead of us, we'd take the pack jet because there were less seats and the others would take a commercial plane to fit the 18 of them.

I'd slowly become more fitted into the pack these past two months. I still hadn't bothered contacting anyone back at the academy apart from Jay every now and then to check on the pack back at the academy. I sit in the plane with Brett and Colton talking about anything and everything "I don't know if this is a rude question but how old are you?" Colton asks "I turned 18 the day Before I met you all" I reply "Really? Our pack don't know much about you or your sister. I was about three when you were born then" It was odd for a pack not to know anything about the children of their alpha, but my pack didn't really have the connection with their future alpha as the other packs do. "So have you found your mate yet?" Brett asks "Let's just focus on finding yours" I say deflecting the question not wanting to talk about my personal issues anytime soon. I continue to stare out the window not wanting to divulge into my personal life any further.

The rest of the flight was boring much like any other. Colton slept as Brett bit on his finger nails out of anxiety. I hope we do find their mates and soon. I could see the toll it was taking on them.

We land in Ayala without a scratch. We quickly get transported to our housing in the coven house and I reclaim my old room. It was weird how it wasn't that long ago we were having a sleep over with Caroline in here. It felt like just yesterday but it also felt like forever ago.

I huff as we lug the bags up through the house and into our rooms. The guys although they were tired and hungry they were still very eager on getting straight down to business. Who knows what was happening to their mates right now.

I take a five minute breather before walking out to be bombarded by action plans. If it were my boys they'd all be asleep by now. Aww...my boys. I missed them. I plaster on a smile and walk out of the room not wanting to express me missing Hunter, Jay, and even at dinner time Micheal.

"So what are we going to do now?" Brett asks just as I expected "I was thinking we should eat something rest up and then go out and search at night. If I wanted to be undetected I'd do it at night and also we don't want to run around like headless chickens" I say and they both just nod. It was weird how obedient the pack were to me. Although that's what they were meant to do I wasn't used to it. I wanted them to know they were free to disagree with me in good reason.

I decide to cook for them not wanting to drive around town too much and unsettle the community, although the burgers at Kaluaa are the best. But we'll save that till before we leave. I make some marinated steak, potatoes, vegetables and other sides not sure if they'd like it not.

I plate it up and leave the huge amounts of left overs in the kitchen. I take it out to see them talking. "Mmmm smells great" Brett says taking the plate "Thank you Alpha" Colton says taking his plate "Eat up" I smile before digging into my own food.

As I'm eating I can't keep my mind still. This is the longest I've gone without my friends. I've had to constantly change and adapt to new surroundings especially when it came to making new friends.

We finish eating and I do the dishes while the guys get some sleep for an early morning.

The next day

I wake up to the sound of arguing. The voices of Brett and Colton arguing was unusual. They were both strong and dominant but not towards eachother. They'd gotten along well for the last few weeks. I rub my eyes and walk out wondering what was going on. I take a deep breath and walk out "What's going on" my voice snaps and they both become silent. Brett turns to me still visibly mad while Colton can't seem to make eye contact "Brett what's happened?" I ask knowing he'd have to answer me "I don't know ask Colton" he says shaking his head "Colton" I ask "It's nothing Brett here misunderstood my behaviour and over reacted" he says. God they sounded like children bickering "Can someone please just tell me what's going on" I say now annoyed "He was flirting with one of the witches here and I loudly reminded him why we're here in the first place and that he has a mate who's going through god knows what right now and he's here looking for her replacement" I look down at Colton disgusted. I didn't want to here anymore of it "We'll start searching today" I end the conversation as I head back to my room.