Late nights and Early mornings (C19)

Aaliyah's P.O.V

We stand there looking at each other. I almost let my guard slip but luckily Micheal, Caroline, and Jay come through the door making all my defenses come back up. "Whats so funny" Kayden says sounding annoyed "Oh nothing" Caroline says wiping happy tears from her eyes "Anyways you two get out and let them settle in" Caroline says walking over and pushing her brother  towards the door "Bye" Micheal says while being forced out of the room "Goodbye Aaliyah" Kayden says stopping and turning to me. I give a tight smile on response. "Bye Liyah" Caroline says closing the door behind her.

"You're blushing" Jordan whispers with a little laugh "Shut up" I say punching his arm. It felt like i'd never left when it came to Jay we had an instant connection but when I saw Kayden I wasn't sure. I go to walk off to my room "Hey, Liyah  could I talk to you" Jay says from the lounging area I turn back to him and nod.

Kaydens P.O.V

"Woopsh" Micheal makes whipping noises "Fuck off" I say shutting the door behind us "Its been three seconds without her calm down" he says laughing. I pace slowly around the room unable to sit still. I could still feel the electricity coursing through my veins "You still need to keep your guard up. you're an alpha" Micheals says looking at me. I grunt knowing he was right. I begin biting my nails not sure what to do. I had no Idea what she was like. Did she still hate me? Did she remember what happened all those years ago? Had she found her mate yet?.

"You need to act like she's any other girl. She's not special. She's not the first and only female alpha okay she is just a girl" Micheal says slowly convincing me. I nod while still pacing "I GOT IT" he shouts "Shh she could be trying to sleep" I say asking him to keep it down. He just shakes his head at me "You need to pull it together you haven't even said more than 50 words to her and you're pacing like a bland man" he whispers despite both of our rooms being magically found proofed.

"I know exactly what'll help you snap out of it" he seemed extremely passionate about keeping her away from me "I'm going to invite her and Jay for for a run tomorrow morning. Just some training to break the ice" I stand looking at him confused wondering how on earth that would help "Aren't weak girls your biggest turn off? If she cant keep up then you'll cool off and eventually be able to keep that ice cold guard up as always" he says with a cocky grin. I nod suddenly feeling like myself again "and that's why you're my beta" I say realising I must've been acting different if Michael was able to notice it. "I'm off to bed" I say walking through to my room.

...

Once I finish my shower I lie in bed thinking. Which was weird. Normally I'd fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. But her scent was addicting and her eyes they sparkled like her hai- I stop myself mid thought and convince myself It's just because there were no other girls around to distract me I was caught off guard. Maybe I should go to the moon event on Friday and get back in the game.

Aaliyah's P.O.V

"I just don't want you to get hurt again okay" Jay says looking into my eyes "I know. I will keep my guard up. Hard as a rock" I say making a fist "Hard as a rock" He says smiling and covering my fist with his hand. While standing there I hear a knock on the door "I'lll get it" I say with Jay following behind me. "It's me" I hear Micheals Voice as we approach the door. I keep my guard up and have Kyla ready.

I slowly open it to see Micheal in a pair of grey sweats and a black shirt. "Hey sorry to disturb yall but uh... would you guys like to come for a run with us tomorrow?" He asks smiling "Uh" I look back at Jay. He shrugs from behind the door "Sure what time" I ask "Does 4 work for you? Or is that too early" he says with a weird undertone that felt like he was trying to be intimidating. "4 is great. See you tomorrow"I reply "Great, have a good rest" he says before walking to their end of the hall.