Lake fights and Late Nights (C26)

Days go by and I don't hear a word from Kayden. We had classes together and lived literally three feet away yet he still didn't talk to me. I  woke up one night with my eyes glowing purple. As usual I couldnt breathe and decided to go out on the balcony. I could see Kayden standing on their balcony from the corner of my eye but he quickly walked inside shortly after I walked out. I exhale and decide to extend an olive branch. I had no idea what I did or why we weren't talking but I wanted to figure out what this tension was between us.

I walk back into the apartment and begin baking chocolate chip cookies only this time I used three kinds of chocolate and make them extra big with chunky chocolate pieces. I made almost 100 knowing how much Michael would like them. Jay woke up as I was making the batter and asked me to save him some so I did. I put half of the batch in a container for Jay and I and the other half in a container for Kayden and Micheal. It was around 6 so they should be heading down to classes. I knock on their door but they weren't there or they were and didn't answer. I carry on and decide to head down the elevator with Jay.

"Can I have one?" Jay asks tapping his foot in the elevator "No they're for Kayden" my eyes widen "And Micheal" I quickly add but jay was already laughing "You know its not your fault you's arent talking right?" Jay says "I know. but I just...I just want to know what I did" I say exhaling "Okay" he nods as the doors open.

We walk over to our Myths and Histories class. I spot Kayden  towards the back and quickly walk up to him before the lesson starts. "Kayden" I call his name and he turns around "I made these for you and Micheal" I say handing it towards him not seeing Michael in sight. He looks down at them then around at everyone else "I dont want them" he says turning away from me. I put my hands down now thinking this was a bad idea. I stand there embarrassed as the other Alphas stare at me. I begin to turn around and walk away to put the stupid cookies back up in the tower when I hear someone call from behind me "Aaliyah" I turn around and see Alex walking towards me "Oh uh-" I wasnt sure what to say "Are those chocolate chip by any chance" he says tapping the container "Yeah they-" he doesnt let me finish. He opens the container and takes a bite of one "Mmmmm" he moans "Guys these cookies are good you've got to try them" he turns to the other alphas. A blonde haired one with blue eyes walks over and takes one. His eyes widen and he moans "Taste just like my lunas" he says moaning once again.

Not long after almost all of them come over and take one. Apart from the yellow stone pack and a select few that weren't able to get over the fact they were misogynistic assholes. Micheal comes from the woods and runs over towards the group "im not late am I?" he asks "To class. No" James one of the other betas say "But for Alpha Aaliyahs cookies. Yes" he finishes. A heartbroken look drapes across micheals face before a look of betrayal  "Aaliyah how could you not save me any" he narrows his eyes at me "Hey dont look at me. I made them for you but Kayden wouldn't take them and I couldn't find you" I reply defending myself "Wheres that traitor" he says looking for Kayden. All the alphas begin looking around but Kayden was gone "Where is he?" I ask looking around the entire clearing. I knew Alpha Dean wouldn't be happy to hear Kayden was skipping classes. My father on the other hand. He would be a little more lenient.

"W-w" Micheal looks at me "Lets go look for him" I say to Jay and Micheal. They nod and we run off into the trees. "I think I might know where he is" I say running up the mountain "You guys look around" they nod and we go our seperate ways. I reach the top of the mountain and look off of it. I look down and see Kayden swimming. I smile knowing swimming calmed him "Kayden" I call from above. I knew he could hear me but he was ignoring me. I quickly take my clothes and shoes off.

I take a deep breath and dive down in to the water. the cold water hits me and I quickly resurface. I open my eyes to see him starring at me. he turns around and begins swimming away "Hey!" I call out as he walks away "Kayden!" I call as I swim towards him. He continues swimming unitl he reaches the shallow end and begins walking out "Kayden" I call one again. He pauses and turns around "Where are you going?" I ask. He rolls his eyes places his hands on the sides of his torso "You seriously took a 100 ft drop off of a cliff to ask me where im going?" he raises a brow "No I-" I didn't really know why I came.

I just...wanted to make sure he was okay. "Why'd you leave the class?" I ask "I decided it really wasn't the place for me" he sounded exactly like the arrogant 14 year old boy I once knew. "Yeah well your alpha will decide becoming alpha on your 21st wont be the place for you either if you don't get back there" I scold him as I walk out of the water "And who do you think you are coming here all high and mighty" he says walking closer towards me "I think im here trying to do whats best for my pack and to ensure that the person who becomes Aloha and my future ally is someone who is suitable and actually makes it to their title" I fire right back at him "Oh and I suppose thats meant to be you? So tell me what do you actually know about your pack? From the things you've told me I doubt you could name 5 members in your pack" I go to answer "-outside of your family" he smirks knowing I couldn't considering I hadn't met most of my pack yet, well not any that I could remember. "Kayden im just as scared as you are bu-" A loud roar cuts my sentence short and I jolt into a defence stance causing my eyes to glow purple. Kaydens eyes were a dark pitch black. He calms down as soon as he meets my purple eyes. I do the same and awkwardly stare at him. Holy fuck what did I just do "Aa-" He begins saying my name but I dont stop to hear the rest as I run off into the forest.