Plans At Work (C37)

I sit on the stools outside waiting for Micheal to come out. I bite my lip wondering what I would say to him. Thank god it was only him and not Kayden. He appears at the entrance and begins searching for me. He finally notices me sitting and walks over.

"Hey the uh the witch guy asked me to come see you" he says scratching the back of his head. I realise him a Hunter didn't really know eachother that well. "Yeah Hunters my guardian he's the one that helped the day Caroline was attacked" I say reminiscing on those days back in Ayala "Huh?" He says completely confused "it was Hunter and I that saved Caroline not someone on the special forces I knew that's what Kayden assumes but he's wrong it was us" he stands there amazed "You should really tell him he's been wanting to thank that person forever" I look at him. He knew Kayden and I weren't talking "Nice try" I shake my head at him and he smiles before sitting down.

"But seriously what did you want to talk about?" He asks. Wow the tension in the room just became killer. I was freezing up, what would I say to him?. "Micheal I-" he inhales "Here we go" He says sarcastically nervous "don't say that" I smile "What is liyah you're scaring me" I smile in response "K-" it almost cause me physical pain just saying his name "Kayden has become a huge distraction in my life. When I'm with him I'm distracted because I just want to be around him and when I'm not with him I'm sad that I'm not with him. I-" I stutter "I need to not be selfish and put my pack before myself" I take a deep breath trying not to cry "Aaliyah you can't reject him, I know Kayden... deep down he'll be broken and so will our pack. Tera was a long time ago, it's you Aaliyah and-" I cut him off not wanting to hear about her or anymore excuses "Micheal I'm not rejecting him" I pause as I take out the necklace"I'm just momentarily dismissing him" I says putting the box in his hands "Tell him when I get back we can talk about us if that's still what he wants" I smile to Micheal  "are you going somewhere?" he asks "As of right now I'm not sure" I reply "Thank you thought Micheal...for everything" I kiss his cheek "Now let's get back to the party" I say as I walk back into my party.

Now for phase two finding a way to get back home. I scan the party looking for Celeste.

I say hi to pack members and thank them for coming  while still searching for Celeste.

Hunter where's your sister

I mind link him.

Turn around

I turn around to see Hunter holding a huge cake while Si, Mar, and Celeste stood around him "Happy birthday to you" they begin singing causing me to blush. I stand there awkwardly throughout the entire song "Make a wish Liyahhh" Mar says smiling. I close my eyes and think of all the things I could wish for but only one thing comes to mind. I smile before blowing out the candles. Everyone hoorays "Help yourself to the cake guys I-" Si cuts me off "Mom baked this" she whispers, my eyes widen. My mom was the best most amazing baker in the world. "Cut me off a huge piece like half of the cake" I mouth to Si,even though the cake was huge so was my love for my Lunas baking. "Celeste. Mar. Can we talk" I whisper taking them away from the rest of the pack. They look at each other and nod before following me. We walk to the back of the tent. "I need a favor" if anyone knew how to get me out of here it would be these two "Anything" they both say looking concerned "Well... I sort of need to leave the academy" both of their faces soften and turn into looks of pity "Are things that bad Liyah?" Mar asks stroking my arm. What? Did she know too?. Ohhhhh she was talking about Kayden not the kidnapping "No no I'm fine it's the pack I need to be there for them and...and I want to help out with the situation" they both cheer up "Ohhhh" Celeste says "Well lucky for you the head master adores me so He allowed me a pass of absence for you which I was gonna give to you along with plans to travel in the pack Jet but maybe instead of Hawaii you could go back to the Pack" I smile at how thoughtful her gift was. She knew I really did need fresh air and she got it for me. I hug them both and smile "Thank you guys" they hug me back. We eventually release "I'll give them to you once we get back to our place." I nod and smile "nows not the time for worrying now it's time for partying" Celeste says luring me back into the party.