Chapter 4. Must be big deal.

ELLAH's POV

Kalalabas lang namin ng private room ni Mommy. I just can't stop smiling and at the same time, admiring the woman. Lalong nagpagaan ng loob ko sa kanya nang malaman ko ang life story niya. I'm not the type of a person na basta-basta na lang naniniwala sa kung sinu-sino lang, especially that i belong in the elite family...but I knew that she was telling the truth. I felt it. I saw the truth in her eyes.

She's so brave and beautiful inside and out. We are indebted to her for my son's life for the rest of our lives. Kaya naman tama lang na suklian namin ang kabutihan niya with our greatest gratitude.

We ought to give her a decent job not because to compensate for the damages, nor for her heroic act, but because she deserved it.

I can have her in Briellah Hotel and Resort but i knew better. She would be perfect in MIC.

Nakangiti pa rin ako nang kalabitin ako ni Mommy.

"She's an amazing girl, isn't she?" sabi niya na kagaya ko rin ay hindi rin mapalis ang pagkakangiti.

"Yeah...one of a kind, and i can't believe she's all alone. I mean, how did she do it?"

"You know dear, some people choose to be strong rather than letting misfortunes destroy them...and they stand out."

Tumango ako because I couldn't agree more.

"I can't wait to tell Nicko that she's fine. He would jump for joy."

Ah...kung alam lang ni Twilight kung gaano ka-engrossed si Nicko sa kanya.

Natawa naman ng mahina si Mommy. She loves her grandson a lot. Mas spoiled pa yata ito sa mga grannies niya kaysa sa amin ni Zach.

"Anyway Mah, I have to call Zach. I presume, ikaw na ang bahala kay Xander?"

"Ah, yes. I'll call him when we get home. Now, first things first." sagot niya at palabas na kami ng hospital.

Nakaabang naman ang driver at pinagbuksan kami ng pinto. Sumakay na kami ng kotse.

While on our way ay tinawagan ko si Zach, my husband. I told him the news at ang sabi ay uuwi siya next week from Paris. Aayusin lang daw nito ang mga ilang matters sa Horizon Art Gallery na pag-aari niya.

Nang matapos ang tawag ay ibinalita ko kay Mommy ang usapan namin ni Zach. Minutes later, naisip kong tanungin siya tungkol sa magiging trabaho ni Twilight.

"Leave this to me." sabi niya with a mischievous smile.

"I know that kind of smile, mother...and I think i know what you're thinking."

Of course, who wouldn't guess it the way she smiles? The kind of smile that could intrigue the world.

"For i know, you've already thought about it even before I offered her a job. You are really a daughter of mine."

And with that, we laughed in synchrony and then we rode back to the Montereal's grand abode.

KING's POV

"You are dismissed."

Pagkasabi ko niyon ay sabay-sabay nagsitayuan ang mga members ng board. After the meeting, diretso na ako sa private office ko.

I went to my own private elevator that leads me to the top floor. Yes, the penthouse suite. The whole floor is mine.

Being the President of Montereal Imperium Corporation, hindi ko gusto na may ibang taong tumatapak sa lugar na dapat ay ako lang ang nandoon; except for the secrettary of course. Pero kahit na may priviledge ito ay may limitasyon din. I like to be alone most of the times. In short, i love my privacy.

The company was originally managed by my father, Duke Montereal. Until one time, while I was venturing away from home at tumawag ito at sinabing magre-retire na sa company, placing me as the new president. I was 25 then. I had matters on my own. I was busy building busenesses. I have The Realm Luxury Hotel, na dati ay papalubog na but I bought it anyway. I managed to save it and well...it prospered. Pinapalitan ko ng pangalan and developed it into a luxurious structure, and now it's hitting millions. I also have Royalty Heights, na itinayo ko on my own expenses. I have other few more businesses and what-nots, but because I'm the Montereal's only legitimate son, I sat on the Montereal throne.

Ang sabi ni Dad ay gusto naman nitong magkaroon ng time sa Villa Alexandra, the villa that he built as a wedding gift for my mother. He said he wanted to spend more time with the family.

Family.

I was about to have one. A supposed to be family that was supposed to be founded by love. Kung hindi lang sinira ng babaeng iyon ang mga pangarap na binuo ko para sa aming dalawa. She yearned for something more. Now, I swore not to fall into women's trap ever again. Love is something that is only believed by fools. I will never be fooled again.

I clenched my fist nang bumukas ang elevator. I walked into my office.

All is plain and classic yet all stood majestically.

Kumuha ako ng whisky at nagsalin sa glass. Umupo ako sa swivel chair at pinaikot ito paharap sa glass window. Walang sumalubong na secretary sa akin kanina because I fired the last one. Why? I can't stand being with gold-digger bitches, na makakita lang ng gwapo at mayayamang lalaki ay nakakalimutan na nilang nandito sila para magtrabaho. I don't care kung ilang secretaries pa ang i-fire ko. I don't care anymore.

I was just staring blankly at the glass window when the tab rang. I swiped the screen. It was Alexandra dela Rosa Montereal, my mother, smiling.

"Are you alright son?" bumakas ang pag-aalala sa mukha nito nang mapansin siguro ang hawak kong baso ng alak.

"Im fine. What is it?"

"You look tired. But anyway, I heard you fired your secretary again."

"Yes, why?" nakakunot ang noong tanong ko.

"I want to recommend someone. This one's very dear to me."

I raised a brow. This is the first time na magre-recommend ng tao si Mommy. I wonder.

"And who is this person?"

"You'll meet her soon. So please consider my favor."

"Alright---"

"But i'm warning you, King Alejandro, don't you dare fire this one or else forget I'm your mother." banta nito

I ignored her tone.

"You are talking to the President of MIC, Mom. This is not the place for you to scold your son. And I will be the judge of my employees' performance."

Hindi rin ito nakasagot agad and she just breathed deeply.

"Just be nice to her. And please son, don't judge her from your past experience."

Here we go again. Ayoko nang maungkat pa ang nangyari noon.

"Alright, I'll try." I answered para hindi na humaba pa ang usapan.

"Thank you, son. You take care, ok?"

Tumango na lang ako and then the call ended.

Napaisip ako. Whoever this person is...must be big deal.