The Dark Truth...

As his mom drove him to Dr. Leslie, a sheet of tension could be seen across her face. Whenever she and Ronaldo would exchange glances, she would turn up a smile, but Ronlado knew it was fake. He did not have the guts to ask her, what the reason was of such a tensed atmosphere. Silent in the car, Ronaldo turned up the radio. The topic was: How do children cope with illnesses? "First up, we have DJ JOE with us for live telecast about brain tumor. Brain Tumor..." The Radio's sound blurred out, as Ronaldo's voice faded in..."Mom, What is Brain tumor?" His mom looked at him in despair, turning to wipe out a tear, and suddenly stopped the car to hug him. "Mom, are you okay?"

Ronaldo was confused. He didn't understand. Anyways, they reached the doctor now. They went in, Ronaldo just learnt how to read words, and as they walked to the doctor's, he saw: Dr. Leslie. Come by appointment. Specialist in Brain Tumor. He didn't care about the other words, but the words Brain Tumor haunted him, as he sat on the waiting seat, the words BRAIN TUMOR flew across his eyes. he blinked. He blinked once. Then twice. And then he turned to his mom, "I have Brain Tumor, don't I?"

His mom was shocked. She sniffed her nose. Then she nodded. And then there were 2 complete minutes of silence. Then she put his head on her shoulder and said," It's okay. You are going to be fine. Soon, very soon." He nodded, but he was still in deep thoughts.

That night, he couldn't sleep. He saw his dad working on a DE-KI-CE (device) which he had called a KO-MPU-TERR(computer). He went into his dad's study room, and slowly, taking a minute each to find a letter, typed the words BRAIN TUMOR into the search bar. As images and lots of large and heavy sentences came up, he took care only to read the important parts. "BRAIN TUMOR: THE MOST DANGEROUS BRAIN DISEASE" he read out aloud. "Ronaldo?", he heard a sweet voice flow into the room. "Yes, mom?"he replied.  "What are you doing here?" his mom questioned. "Actually....."