An Entrance À la Amatore

NADIYA POV:

Scanning the rare sight of the whole city through the laminated toughened glass window from the top floor of the majestically fifty-floor skyscraper, I was at awe

Scanning the rare sight of the whole city through the laminated toughened glass window from the top floor of the majestically fifty-floor skyscraper, I was at awe. Everything and everyone seemed so small and far away from this height. Around me, Phoebe's office space was so gigantic it would hold two of my generous size apartment room without any effort.

Instead of being intimidated by all the grandeur in her office, I was impressed. This woman seemed to have achieved a lot. Talking and befriending her after our initial hiccups and awkwardness I couldn't help but admire her. Phoebe was strong, confident, sassy, kind, and well, a boss.

She is so fascinating I couldn't remember why I was so anxious on my way to meet her. Yes, Logan had informed me about her strictness and the importance of punctuality in her eyes. But after calling Logan when I couldn't get out of work at the time we had planned, he had successfully reassured me Phoebe would understand. If not for me, for him as these two were more like brothers and sisters than anything else.

Sensing a pair of eyes coolly piercing icicles through my back, I momentarily turned into a stone. Feeling a chilliness cascading on my skin, I began to wonder if I had suddenly turned into an ice statue. - I better have not. I would be piss if the latter were the case. I have a much-desired upcoming wedding only an arm away.

Willing myself to slowly turn to the source of this sharp iciness, and behold, in front of me stood the ex-hot guy from the restaurant. The same jerk who was manhandling Phoebe as if she was his property. A jerk who I wanted to kick in the nuts so bad when I interjected his and Phoebe's conversation in the middle of the street.

"Dear God, you nearly gave me a heart attack." Behaving myself, for now, I rested my hand on my chest and acted on my shock state rather than anger state.

"Wasn't my intention." Without any apologies, the brute glacially stated. Whoever he was, the assholeness in him was more than evident.

Returning his attention back to me after briefly looking around, "Who might you be, anyway?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Nadiya Amatore. I am waiting for Phoebe to come back." Not backing down, I uttered with confidence.

"I saw you earlier at the restaurant?" Unhurriedly running his eyes over me and stopping at my engagement ring, he asked for confirmation. Thank God for Logan and his humongous diamond ring. Anyone could see it from a mile.

"You mean when you were being rude and manhandling Phoebe in front of everyone." Keeping a stern and sarcastic toe, my displeasure was unmistakable.

"Well, Miss Nadiya, I would highly advise you to not stick your nose where it doesn't belong in the future."

Pique, his rudeness was like a knot in my shoulder which doesn't go away no matter how much I rub it. "Duly noted. - Who the heck are you, anyway?"