Dealing with Mr Archer

PHOEBE POV:

Within an hour I was in front of Joseph's doorstep readying myself to discuss my current situation with Vanderwill and to pick up my sons

Within an hour I was in front of Joseph's doorstep readying myself to discuss my current situation with Vanderwill and to pick up my sons. Knocking on the door twice, Alicia opened up for me, her bright face supporting a broad and comforting smile as she welcomed me inside with a hug.

"Come on in, sweetheart. I haven't seen you for way too long." Alicia greeted me in her usual motherly tone and almost blinding smile.

"Hi Alicia, sorry, I have been really busy with my works lately. Anyway, I'm here to pick up the boys. I hope they haven't been too much trouble for you guys."

"Oh, don't worry sweetheart," dismissing my statement with a gentle wave of her hand, "These kids are absolute angels. Considering your position, I have to say you've managed to raise them well." Alicia finishes supportively.

"Thanks, Alicia. But you know it wouldn't be possible without you guys and your support." Hugging Alicia once more, I openly showed my appreciation.

"You are more than welcome Phebes. Raising you and these boys have been a pleasure despite your secret spy life. Now, go into the living room. Joseph has been waiting to have a talk with you."

Nodding my head, I headed for the living room where Wyatt, Teo and Joseph were busy watching movies and eating snacks. Greeting all of them with a kiss on the cheeks and informing my sons we might be leaving soon, Joseph and I headed to his in-house office.

"So Phebes, the club, was it a distraction?" Without beating around the bush Joseph inquired with impatience and curiosity the instant I closed the office door, and people wonder why I am the way I am today.

"Obviously it was. Years might have gone by, but Vanderwill's trickery habits will never die. Thankfully, Logan pointed out a probable move about Vanderwill's tactic just in time to help me alter his plans. Otherwise, help me Lord; I would have personally torn everything apart." I exclaimed earnestly in an aggravated tone.

"Okay, calm down my angry tigress and tell me how you are so sure Metrix was a diversion," Joseph questioned but instantly toned down his musing intonation at the sight of my sharp piercing glare.

"That's how!" Throwing the letter I had received directly from dear Cole Vanderwill, on the table, the pitch of my voice increased another notch. Taking in a necessary deep breath, I quietly observed Joseph while he read the letter aloud, making what was written in it all the more real and undeniable.

'To My Beloved Angel,

Turns out you've not only become all the more beautiful throughout the years but also quite intelligent. Maybe even wise, but this only time will tell, sweetheart.

I regretfully have to recognise I might have thought little of you by assuming you wouldn't realise Metrix was indeed a diversion. Considering your obsession with me, it took no genius to figure out a way to turn your attention away from home and those two brats you call sons. And love, don't worry; this feeling of obsessive love is very much reciprocated.