Chapter Twenty-Seven

I shifted as Cas touched my shoulder and brought us out of the snow cold. I shook my head as I shifted into his arms as I held James close to my chest. Dean smiled somberly at me as he placed a hand on my back. I sighed as Dean coughed a little bit more as he moved closer to me. His breathing was getting better but that was about it. James coughed and sputtered up some blood. Cas placed his own hand on the back of James' head as he moved closer to me. James' eyes got better as he coughed a little bit more.

    "He should be a little bit better by now," Cas sighed as he moved back and took note of our surroundings. "I brought as close as I could with some wiggle room for some sort of healing."

    Cas was more calm as he moved closer to me and James. James shifted and groaned. I shifted more as I looked into his eyes. His eyes were wide as he locked eyes with me. All I wanted to do was hold him close. That was all I wanted to do. I almost wanted to cry as I held him in my own arms. James groaned once more as he looked me over.

    James locked eyes with me as my own mouth opened up, "Why the hell would you do that?"

    James shook his head as he moved closer to me with his own eyes closed. Dean locked eyes with me. James shifted more as he held me a bit closer. I smiled as I looked into his eyes as I stoked his hair in mine. Dean moved closer to me and smiled a little bit. Cas began making a fire out of the wood that was dropped from the ceiling. I locked eyes with the angel as he started the fire almost instantaneously. I smiled as I shifted to accommodate James' large body. My own body shifted as I moved closer to him and held him in my arms too close as he groaned.

    "Oh, I'm sorry," I shook my head a little bit to look into his eyes. "Didn't mean to hurt you."

    James shook his head, "You're okay man. It's fine. We're okay."

    I nodded as I looked into his eyes more as I brought him over to the fire. Sam left for some food. Dean decided to sleep. Cas stayed up to watch over James and I. I was still marked by Elizabeth. Even I wouldn't even want to move from my spot if it weren't for Cas watching over me. I couldn't even move much to be honest. Cas smiled as I moved closer to him. I shook my head as I got closer to James as I held his head against my chest. Cas looked me straight in the eyes.

    "He save you and he didn't die. You were saved by an angel. An angel deemed you worthy enough to save. Granted he is a freshly turned angel whom we don't even know what the hell he was for a long time and he didn't even know who he was for awhile but that is something I don't even want to think about right now. But I guess since an angel deemed you good enough to save we have to honor it now. All angels have to honor it now."

    "What the hell do you mean by 'honor it'?"

    "Honor the saving. We can't really touch you much now then an angel has saved you."

    I took a deep breath as I locked eyes with the man in my arms. I sighed as I kept stroking his hair as I looked at his eyelids. The three of us sat in silence for a bit as I looked into Cas' eyes. He moved closer to me as I tried to get a little bit warmer. The two of us as got closer to us as I looked down at my hands. I sighed a little bit as I moved more as I tried to get comfortable in my seat. James was crushing me from his own weight as he slept soundly as I locked eyes with him as he woke up and smiled at me. All I could do was shake my head as I moved closer to him.

    James looked me over as he looked me over, "I am so much sorer than I have ever been, what the hell is this feeling?"

    James shifted as I moved closer to him. He looked me over as I shifted in my seat to accommodate the new position James was in. Cas smiled as he looked me over a little bit as I moved closer to him. Cas looked down at James as James held his heart in his hand. Obviously not literally but more figuratively.