Chapter Twenty-Two

I lifted my head as I looked into Dean's eyes. He was now the one with all of the wounds. He was sputtering up blood as he looked into my eyes. He gave me one look and that told me everything I needed to know. I had somehow transferred the death to him without meaning to. My mouth opened in a silent scream as I looked into his eyes. Maybe I really did scream, I don't know. But one thing I did know was that Dean was dying. One of the only men I had ever trusted was now dying in front of my eyes. I shifted in my spot as I held my hands up in uselessness. Dean leaned back and covered up his wound as best he could. I lurched forward and covered the wound as well and tried to stop the bleeding. Dean smiled as more blood poured out of him.

    "Noah, move back," Cas pushed my hands away from me and placed his own hands on the wound and it almost instantly healed under a glow of pure blue light. "You know how angels can heal things?"

    I nodded with tears flooding my eyes, "Does that mean that I make things even worse?"

    Cas nodded  as he shifted away from me, "I think that's how it works."

    Tears spilled out of my eyes as I looked into Dean's as his eyes more apologetically. I sighed as I looked into his eyes. His eyes were completely tired and bloodshot. Dean groaned as he looked up at me. My eyes drifted over to the area around us. We were in the middle of a field that I had no idea where it was. I shifted in my spot as I looked around. It seemed to be a wheat field bit I couldn't exactly tell what the hell anything was but all I did was start running into the the middle of the field and towards the forrest lining it.

    "Noah!" Dean's voice fell onto my ears but he got no response. I had nothing to say to him and all I wanted to do was run.

    My eyes drifted into the now dark as if it were completely night. My own eyes wandered around me as I looked into the canopy above me. My eyes drifted back down to the other side. A breeze pushed passed me as a shadow crossed my path. I tracked the shadow with my eyes as I moved over to the others as I looked into the darkness around me. My own eyes were shifted to the other shadows moving around me.

    I fell down to my knees as I let the shadows kept moving around us. I looked into their glowing white eyes. I kept my eyes on everyone around me as I tried to calm myself down a little bit. The shadows got closer and closer to me as the tallest shadow walked over to me and leaned down. I reached into my own backpack and clicked the flashlight on.

    I was face to face with the faceless man. My own breath hitched as I looked into where his eyes were. He bent down to his own knees and even then he was still taller than me. He reached out and touched my cheek. I sighed a little bit as I looked into his face. It was so hypnotizing as he pulled me closer to me.

    "Look at the precious piece of meat," One of the shorter figures moved closer to me and snarled a little bit. "It would be a wonderful addition to our collection."

    Another one of the figures spoke up, "No, we can't get him to join us through force alone. We can only torment him."

    "And where's the fun in that? We already lost so many to them offing themselves. We only have a few survivors and they're still actively fighting the good fight."

    "I know what you mean. I know who you're talking about and you better leave them the fuck alone!"

    "And why would we do that. They need to learn a lesson. Join or die. Either by their own hands or our own. Doesn't matter but they will join eventually."

    "No. I won't join you. I will never join you. I can't have myself fall into what the hell is going on with the rest of you."

    The figure in front of me and shook his head as it twisted its head to look me over. The eyeless gaze made me feel so much worse. I couldn't see exactly what the hell was going to happen. I sighed as I looked into where his eyes were going to be as I shook my own head and sighed as I looked into his eyes as I tried to move from my spot but there was a trunk behind me. Or what felt like a trunk. As soon as my own hand touched it the man looking me over recoiled as he looked into my eyes.