Chapter Twenty-One

Air filled my lungs as I shifted away from him. Dean held my hand in the hospital bed. I cursed myself for missing another death. I missed seeing the person I was supposed to be saving once more. No matter how invested I was into this theory there were going to be people I missed. Right now the count was at two. I didn't want to have that number any higher. I wanted it to stay as low as possible. Dean kissed my fingertips. Every single one of them as if to bring me back into more and more of a reality.

    "He just like knocked the hell out. It was so peaceful and so scared at the same time," Sam's voice echoed into the room.

    "I couldn't even find the guy. I felt like I was going to fucking die just taking the time away from Noah. Like...he was going to die anyhow but I wanted to keep looking for the guy we were supposed to find."

    "There was no way we could really know what he was going to do. We have to just see what the hell we're going to have to do now. Noah is going to have to try and lead the way as much as he can."

    "And how can he do that when he's dying everyday. I mean...there has to be someone to step up when he gets a little more dead than normal."

    "Of course, of course. Well have him decided as well as I could. He is going to have to make the decision."

    Dean sighed  as he looked into my eyes as I opened them up. He looked me over with a soft smile on his face. I smiled as I looked into his eyes. He dropped my own hand and smiled a bit more, blushing as he looked me over. Sam smiled as well as he moved to look me over as well. My own body moved back as I sighed more. My insides felt like vomit. Dean smiled more and moved over to sit next to me.

    Dean held me a bit closer and kept his smile, "Good morning little dove."

    "Good morning to you as well," I rubbed my eyes a bit as I looked into his eyes. "I am very much awake right now."

    "I am very glad you're awake but we have another person to track down so we should get you out of here as soon as physically possible."

    I sighed lightly as I turned to Sam's face, "I would hope you took instruction from me or are you planning a coup?"

    "No," Sam sighed as he looked me over and fell back into his own seat. "No I am not."

    "Okay then. I will be the one to say when we leave. Understood?"

    "Understood." Sam deadpanned along with the rest of the others who didn't have any time to argue with me.

    "Then we won't have anytime to waste. Sam brought up a good point. I have to leave. We have to see what the hell is going to happen with whomever is next on the list."

    Dean smiled as he went out. Loki moved into Dean's seat and held my hand in his. He smiled at me as he shifted away from he to give me a bit more room to move about. I shifted in my own seat as I turned to look into Sam's eyes. He looked me over as he looked me over. I sighed before moving back into my seat to give more of a comfortable position.

    Loki sighed as he looked me over. He smiled  as he moved back into his normal seat as Dean came back into the room with a nurse. Dean sighed and rubbed his temples as the nurse checked my own vitals. She looked me over and handed me more pain meds. She went over my chart with me then turned back to me and my friends with a soft smile.

    "He's a real miracle. Don't know how he's still alive right now. He's just a real miracle. He took all of this damage and yet he's still alive. Like, his liver is completely destroyed and needs a transplant. His heart is covered in scar tissue. His lungs are partially filled with fluid. I just don't know how he's alive."