Chapter Fourteen

My eyes opened back up. I could move my eyes for once. My body was locked back into a hospital bed. Tears went down my cheeks as I looked at up at the ceiling. A warm, rough hand was wrapped around my hand. I was ready to shoot up out of my own bed but my arms and legs were tied down. My eyes darted around the room. It hadn't even looked like anything had changed. Sniffles and beeping. My eyes darted to Dean sitting next to me. He was the one sniffling. His eyes were red. He looked at me as his eyes brightened up a little bit as he smiled at me.

    I blinked a little bit as my adjusted to the light around me,"Hey Noah, how's it going?"

    "I don't...I don't know...I died again didn't I?" My throat burned with every word I spoke.

    "Yeah," Dean sniffled a little bit more. His voice was wet as if he had been crying forever. "You died again but luckily I was there to help you."

    "Dean was a lifesaver. We ran into Elizabeth on the way out...she looked pretty bad. She was dying."

    "So we're getting closer. That's good. We can get her off in a few more turns...right?"

    "Yeah, it would be a few more turns until she dies but she will die soon. At least I hope she'll die soon. This is when she picks up...right?"

    "Yeah. She picks up soon. She picks up now. Binder me," I stuck out my hands and wiggled them in front of me. Dean pulled the binder out of my torn bag, handing it to me. "Thank you."

    The pages felt so good underneath my fingers. I turned to the pages after Jimi. His autopsy showing no sign go Elizabeth's interfering. I kept my eyes on the date in the book. My body froze a bit as I looked over to Sam. Our phones wouldn't work here. But he probably knew the date.

    "Sam...please tell me it isn't October yet..." I kept my eyes on Sam as his eyes darted to Cas.

    "Cas, you might want to answer that question. You can't physically die...can you?"

    Cas sighed as he looked at me, "Today is October fourth if that helps anything."

    "That means Janis is already dead. We're a day late," I turned to her autopsy report with no signs of meddling. "At least there is no sign of meddling from Elizabeth."

    "That means you took the death while recovering from another one?" Dean tilted his head to the side and looked at me. I nodded.

    My eyes went down to the binder. Dean kept his eyes on my hand. His rubbed my hands and smiled. He was still crying. He didn't even stop I don't think. There were small pauses when he I don't think that he was focusing on me. But he was definitely still crying. A few tears landed on my hands. My eyes darted to him as he looked up at me. He smiled up at me, eyes moving over me as he wiped his tears from his eyes and kissed my hand. I smiled at him and gripped his hand.

    "I guess I did," I looked at Dean with my eyes locked on his. "But I hope I don't do that again. How do we get into her autopsy?"

    "Shouldn't it already be done by know? It should have been an open and shut case. Like...it was an overdose, wasn't it?"

    My eyes went down to my lap, "I guess you're right. She was cremated...ashes spread out into the ocean."

    Sam nodded and leaned back. His eyes moved up to me. My eyes shifted to his. Sam smiled weakly. I shifted my eyes back to Dean. He was still crying. He moved a little bit. I moved to the side he was on. Dean weakly smiled at me as well. His eyes were completely tired. Swollen, red and very tired. I moved little bit in my seat. He smiled a bit more as he went over to me. James stood and walked away from me. His eyes were on me the whole time.