Chapter Eleven

I paced around the room with one hand waving in Samantha's direction as I looked around the room. My chest and throat were still sore from all the water. It was a painful reminder of that day so many years ago. I wanted it gone. The pain was too much for me. Both the mental and the psychical pain. Not to mention the emotional. Sam, Dean and Cas were all working on gathering some supplies. The children were watching some demented children's show that I'm surprised even aired at the time. James was in the bathroom showering down.

    "Noah, please sit down," Samantha looked at me with concern in her eyes as she placed a hand on my shoulder. "You're worrying me."

    I sat down on the bed and looked at the woman. Her dress was dirty and smelled of dirt. She hadn't changed it since we took her...since she joined us and needed it changed as soon as possible which is what I hoped Dean would do while he was out there. I wanted to get her into something better. Samantha sat down next to me and smiled, looking down at the children who all seemed pretty content.

    "They're so adorable. I can't believe that they're my children," My voice was hoarse from the scratches in it.

    "I just don't understand how they're so calm about this," Samantha tilted her head to the side. "I mean, I would freak out if I found out that time travel existed, at least in some form and I did freak out, internally at least. But these kids are so calm about it. They're so good."

    I turned my head to the side, "They are, though I think that they have seen a lot worse than Cas."

    "I would assume so," Samantha paused as she looked at me. "But why would hunters have children?"

    "We try not to because of our jobs. We don't ever want to bring children into this kind of life. They are something I don't ever want."

    "So they will grow up with you...here? Wouldn't that get a little complicated when you do have the kids," I shook my head as Samantha looked at me then down at the children.

    "No, they will be grown and out of the house by the time I have them again. Seems crazy to me but I don't care now that I know that they're safe," I tilted my head. "They can't be biologically mine. I would never give up testosterone for that long once, let alone twice."   

    Samantha nodded her head as she looked at the children. John turned back and smiled at me and waddled over to me. He wrapped his chubby little arms around my leg. My eyes shifted down to the man and looked at him. He smiled up at me and squeezed as tight as he could. John sat down on his knees and smiled at me, his cheeks rosy and chubby. The door swung open then slammed shut. Dean and the other two walked into the house. John waddled to Sam and Sam wrapped his arms around the child, lifting him up over his shoulder and blowing a raspberry into his side. Dean smiled at the sight, sitting down at the foot of the bed next to me.

    Dean shrugged, "So we came up with nothing. With no last name we couldn't do anything."

    "I told you that her name was Doris Treitz and that you should go ahead with that but it kind of looks like you haven't even done gone through that."

    Dean rubbed the back of his neck as he looked down at the ground, "Uhhh...no. Sorry. I forgot the name as soon as I walked out of the door."

    I sighed, shaking my head and slinging my bag over my shoulder, "Take care of the kids, I'll be back in like an hour."

    Dean held out a hand and stopped me in my tracks. I straightened my back as I looked at the man. Dean tilted his head to Sam then to Cas seemingly as if to  say that one of them should come with me. I rolled my eyes and looked down at the young kids who were still enthralled with the television show playing. Dean sighed and looked down at the children in hopes that he could possibly get out of this once more. His eyes were filled with fear and lack of sleep, he looked as if he were going to pass the fuck out and soon. Dean then turned and smiled at me as John was passed off to him.