Chapter Ten

I set my bag down on the floor of the hotel room and sighed. John, Mary and Jessica were in another room full of protection symbols with Samantha and told not to move an inch until we all got back. James was stationed outside of the door and after a quick briefing on how to check for demons and other creatures, we were off to the downtown area of Sussex, England. It was one of probably the only times I had been out of the country. I think it was the only time I had been out of the country.

    "Brian Jones, founder of the Rolling Stones. The official report says he died by misadventure but it is widely believed he had died via drowning. I say he was drowned. Water was found in his lungs and there was no evidence to say that he was forced into taking on water. He died only two years before Jim Morrison died and this was to the day."

    Dean bounced up and down on his toes like a little kid who had gotten the piece of candy he asked for, "The Stones? We're going after the Stones? Like the Stones?"

    "Yes Dean, the Rolling Stones. Now shut up, we've got a bus to catch," I leaned against the bus poll and smiled at him.

    Dean smirked, chuckling a bit as he took the other side of the pole, "Don't tell me to shut up Noah."

    I rolled my eyes and waited for the bus to turn up. Sam anxiously shifted from side to side. My eyes drifted to the other in awaitment of response from them but they had no comment. They sat there silent with their eyes forward. I kept my head down as cars rushed passed me without slowing down much. The sky was grey and threatened to open up.

    "Does anyone actually know how to summon a hellhound," Sam immediately tossed me a bag, knocking me back a few inches. "Oh, okay. Thanks."

    "Take that to a crossroads and burn it. Everyone else will know what to do."

    My eyes moved around me, a sigh leaving my mouth as I looked for a crossroads near me. There was a crossroads about a mile from where we were standing. I wanted to go right now but the bus could be here any second. My eyes drifted to the others. Dean nodded in the direction that the crossroads were, "Go. We'll wait for you."

    "Are you absolutely sure," I turned and looked at Sam who looked eager to get away from me. "You won't leave me as soon as I leave?"

    "I will make sure these idiots won't leave you. Go ahead and get your dogs."

    I nodded and slung my bag over my shoulder and heading off. No one followed me and for once it was welcomed. I was all alone before my thoughts. The road was hot and my feet ached underneath me. My foot felt like it was on fire, one of the only side effects of Hell I still had left. I dropped to my knees, pulling off my shoes and tossing them to the side of the road. I would pick them up later. My foot felt a lot better now that my skin connected to the scorching hot asphalt.

    The crossroads were closer than I thought, sitting down in the middle of it and set down the bag. I pulled out my lighter fluid and a lighter...Dean's lighter. A sprinkle of lighter fluid and a bit of fire later, the bag was on fire. I closed my eyes, reaching deep down into whatever bit of hell I had left, searching around for my dogs. Not Crowley's dogs but my dogs. The ones who had helped me out when I was down there trying to escape Hell.

    Darkness enveloped me, the smoke and fire completely welcoming to me. My eyes moved around the darkness for a bit while my eyes adjusted to it, "Oh boys, come on. Come to daddy."

    Barking almost immediately following my call. A soft smile tugging at my lips as I walked around the darkness, looking for them. I couldn't contain my smile anymore as six red, glowing eyes moved towards me. If it weren't so dark I knew I would see my boy's tails wagging. One leaped forward, and landing on my chest, licking my face happily. I smiled happily as the familiar shaggy fur met my fingers.