Chapter thirteen

" I can't believe we are doing this!" Francis cheered excitedly as we started to board the train. "Yes, just calm down a bit, we won't arrive for about six hours," I said nervously as I handed the man our tickets, it was four in the morning. The man looked at Francis worried and confused. "first time on a train," I laughed nervously. The man let us pass by him making me grab Francis's hand to pull him to our seat compartment. "You just need to calm down, would not want your energy to go to waste before we get there; in fact, you should get some sleep," I suggested to him as I locked our compartment door. "Sleep...I forgot how to do that" he said sadly looking at his hands.

"Would you like to lean on me?" I asked, feeling bad. "Yes, that might be nice," he laughed, sitting next to me. I plan on getting work done while he was asleep. "I have a blanket," I told him as I shuffled in my bag to get it. "Wow, this is beautiful!" He smiled, feeling it. "Thank you, I made it a year ago" I blushed a bit from his comment. "You are so amazing!" He cheered covering himself with the blanket and leaning his head on me. Since he was my height, he had to scoot down a bit so as to not head hit me.

"Thank you, Arthur," he whispered against my shoulder. I smiled at his happiness as I began to work on some stuff. I wonder if Francis must feel overwhelmed by all of this. It is like time travel. I am sure some of the things he sees will be scary. I looked at him, who had already fallen asleep quickly. He is going to be extremely energetic once he wakes up.

~~
Throughout the train ride, Francis kept holding on tightly to me, like he did not want to let go. I would look down at him from time to time and see him crying in his sleep. I am sure he is having nightmares of what happened to him. Every time he was going to cry more, he would hold onto me even more tightly.

"Francis, it is time to wake up; we are here," I moved him a bit, just enough to make him shoot up straight and look around. "Look, you can see the Eiffel Tower," I smiled pointing out to it. His eyes widened seeing the tower. "Since when?" He said, amazed, standing up to look at it. "Since I think the 19th century, two century's after you," I smiled looking at him who would not look away from the window. I saw another tear come down his face as he smiled.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. His head turned to me slowly as he nodded his head. "It is amazing," he cried, placing his chin on his palm to gaze at the tower. I smiled at him and pulled him in for a hug. "That is fantastic to hear," I whispered, hugging him tighter. "Arthur that is too tight," he said trying to breathe, but I held him more tightly. "This is what you get for nearly squeezing the life out of me when you were asleep," I said in an evil way as I held him closer.

Francis started to laugh against my chest. "Arthur, you are amazing," he smiled, looking at me. I started to feel a pull at my heartstrings that made me pull away. "You too..." I said, looking away from him. He was amazing for someone who came back from the dead.

~

"Hurry now, the train will take off if we do not get off now," I warned, trying to grab everything. "Arthur slow down; I will help you silly," he laughed, taking the bags away from me to carry himself. "I can do it," I said starting to sass. "With that hand, it amazes me how you can get things done," he laughed, shaking his head.

We started to walk down the train steps as I held out a map. I had never been to Paris either. Only once or twice as a child. That was years ago, though. "We should check in at the hotel to put our things," I said, looking at one of the maps. "A hotel?" He asked, confused. "Yes, we are staying here for two days, so I made sure to get us a hotel," I looked at him smiling. "Oh, a hotel" he repeated as if he had made a discovery.

"Let's go then; it is nine am, so we have all day to sightsee; we can figure out where to go first," I said, pointing to a direction. "This is so exciting. Will we be sleeping together?" He asked excitedly. I jumped at his words and looked at him quickly. "No, it is a two-bedroom," I tried to explain, but he got sad. "I liked it when I slept beside you," He said sadly. He acts so much like a child it is astonishing.

"Fine, but for one night,"  I said, defeated by his request. I really could not say no to him. His face made me want to jump and help him whenever possible. "Thank you, Arthur! I will one day repay you," Francis smiled sweetly. "No need; seeing you happy is enough for me, really," I breathed out, defeated. I looked back at his face who was embarrassed. Jeez, I probably made him uncomfortable.

We called for a cab to go to the hotel, it was a bit quiet the whole ride, but once Francis saw the hotel he was so excited that he could not keep still.  He had never seen a building with so many rooms before. "This is amazing," he said in awe. I looked at him and could not hold in a smile. He was more amazing than anything else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~
Thanks for reading so far❤️