Chapter seven

It took a while to do it, but I finished cleaning the basement. "Wow, I am impressed," Francis smiled looking at the basement. It took forty hours nonstop. "Today, we can find where you are, but we won't be able to do the deed till the weekend. I have work tomorrow on Monday, and I have no idea if my job will let me work from home or not," I told him, wiping the sweat off of my forehead. "Sounds good, again, I have a lot of time," he said pointing to his body. I nodded and started looking around the floor.

"Have you maybe thought they put you in the walls?" I asked, confused but he shook his head. "I saw them shove my body into the floor," he said sadly looking down. "Where is it then? Do you remember?" I asked stepping towards him, but I felt a floorboard creek in an almost eerie way. I stopped once a shiver went up my spine. I looked to Francis and back to the floor.

"There," He said plainly as I quickly removed my foot from the spot. I bent down as he watched me with sadness. "I need something to lift the floor," I said, looking around for a tool bag. "Give me a second," I said, standing up to walk to the basement closet. Opening the door, I started to look inside it carefully. "Found one," I said smiling taking out one of those tools to lift a floorboard.

I turned to Francis, who still looked a bit sad. "So are you sure I won't be like a zombie?" Francis asked worriedly. "No, there are different spells. You would be a walking pile of bones if I used something like that. I plan to turn you alive with skin and hair again, where you will be able to eat food and shower. I have a spell like that," I told him, and he stared at me in disbelief. "Really?" He said, shocked. "Yes, but it will take some time. I need to get supplies ready," I smiled at him.

"I think we will need to do everything down here," I said, taking out a chest. "What is that for?" He asked, confused. "To put everything in. I hope you don't mind," I told him. "N-no it is alright, do what you need to do," he laughed nervously. I nodded sadly as I walked back to the spot on the floor and stuck the tool between the floorboards, and lifted up until it finally popped open.

I stench hit my face that I could not describe. It made my stomach turn wanting to throw up. Francis noticed my face getting uncomfortable. I shook off the smell so as not to offend him. I looked in the place where the floorboard was missing and saw a bag that looked really old. I took out some gloves and a flashlight to take a look. I turned to look at Francis, who just stood there eagerly. "Are you okay so far?" I asked him. He turned his head to me in a sad manner and forced a smile. "Of course." He smiled at me.

I started to breathe out as I pointed the flashlight at the old bag once more. "Here goes nothing," I said nervously, reaching into the floor to get the bag out. It was a bit heavy, but I did not mind the weight. I set the bag aside and bent down to open it. "Francis, are you okay so far?" I asked, looking up. Yet, he was nowhere to be seen. He had disappeared somewhere. The lights started to flicker on and off, making me uncomfortable.

"That is not funny, Francis!" I yelled, opening the bag to take a look inside. There was no response, though. Maybe he got scared and ran off somewhere to be alone. It is his body, after all. I would be horrified to look at myself if I were in his shoes. As I looked in the brown bag, I saw his skull. I lifted it to look at it carefully. "You know..... when I was alive, my favorite thing to do was be able to put ribbons in my hair" Francis's voice suddenly came out of nowhere.

I looked up at him, smiling sadly. "So now you show up?" I laughed through the sad aura. "I needed a second to compose myself," he laughed, looking at the bag. I quickly ensured nothing fell out, tying the bag closed to be put inside the chest I had taken out. "Now then, all that is left is to get the materials to do the deeds," I joked, standing up to walk upstairs. "The deeds?" He asked, confused. "Sorry, it is American slang that I heard about from college," I laughed nervously.

Francis nodded at the thought and followed behind me. "So, what do you need?" He asked, confused. "Well, the most important thing I should get first is already taken care of. I will explain more later," I said, walking to the kitchen. I took off my gloves, throwing them away as I started to wash my hands.

"Would you like to watch tv while I am gone tomorrow?" I asked him, wiping my hands dry. "Oh yes, please," he smiled. I nodded and walked to the sofa to take a seat. "Arthur, have you ever loved someone who betrayed you?" Francis asked suddenly. "Wow, That was forward," I laughed a bit. "Sorry, I hope it was not too personal," he said apologetically.

"Well.... there was a girl in college. She had said she loved me, and I believed it. She ended up leaving with one of my friends. But that was two years ago. I try not to think about it," I smiled a bit, trying to change the subject. Francis looked at me with sadness. I felt worse for him, though. His lover only wanted his money, and I am sure it hurts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far