Chapter one

~Arthur POV~
After finally graduating from the University of London with a Masters's degree in English literature and creative writing, I decided to make the biggest decision of my life. To move to France to live on my own. I decided to move to the beautiful city of Nice, France. There is so much history there, and it is so amazing. I was so excited! Not only will I live alone, but I will also be able to practice magic without worrying about something bad happening to people nearby. 

Although living in France might have been risky, I decided to do it anyway. Especially if it means starting over where people do not know who I am. That was another reason why I left. No one understood the things I saw, especially as a child. They thought I was weird or mentally ill. Leaving London will help me start over with people who never knew me back home.

I will be able to finally pursue my dream of writing novels for everyone to enjoy around the world on the side of being an editor for Méduse d'Or, which was a publishing firm here in Nice, France. What a perfect way to get inspiration than living in a century-old house. It was perfect. Thinking about how nicely I will fix the old house made me happy. I was excited! Not only is this place perfect, but I will have inspiration for my novel.

I finally stopped daydreaming from the cab car when it finally came to a stop. "Finally," I smiled. "Here is your money," I smiled handing the cab driver money. I checked the time as I took my luggage out the back of the trunk. The furniture people won't be here to deliver my stuff till tomorrow morning. So I will have to make do with the things I have with me right now.

I breathed in the cool October air as I walked up to the door, Luggage in hand. I shuffled around my pocket for my keys and finally opened the door. The front door creaked open as I turned the lights on. It was a bit dusty, but I will take it tomorrow to clean it up very nicely.

Walking in, I set my luggage on the ground and started to inspect the house. Look at every detail. "Wow, it is better than the photos," I spoke to myself smiling. I walked up the stairs and saw the rooms facing each other along a long hallway with red wallpaper. There were what looked like four rooms and one bathroom that was at the end of the hall.

I walked into the first room and looked around. It had shelves across the wall. "This must have been a study," I thought, looking around to see if anything was left behind. "Oh, lucky me" I smiled seeing a dusty book on the floor. I picked the book up and looked at it for a second.

It was in a language I did not know. It did not look like French or Latin. I lifted a brow, starting to sound out what it was. "Ja ....sam ....se gradio da je ....privija mrtvih?" I said out loud, confused. There was a sudden bust of wind that caused the window to open. "That was weird," I said out loud, closing the book. I held the book in my hand as I walked out of the room.

I started to walk downstairs when the lights started to flicker suddenly. I hit the switch a bit confused as it stopped. That was a little weird. I walked into the hallway and went toward the basement door. Hopefully, there are some cool things down there. I smiled eagerly as I twisted the door knob open. There was a small breeze that blew out, giving me shivers. The cold air from outside must have been coming inside the house or something.

I started to walk down the stairs seeing there were still things down there. "Hmmm.... whoever lived here has great taste," I laughed, looking at some vases. "Why, thank you," I heard a voice say, making me stop and drop the vase. "Really?" The voice said again. I turned slowly, seeing a man. "Ahhhh!" I screamed. Except he looked a little translucent.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my house!" I yelled, holding my fists up, ready to fight. "You can see me?" The man said, shocked. "Yes!!! Of course, I can," I yelled, confused."This is my house actually, to add back to what you said." the man said, annoyed.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?!" I yelled, getting ready to punch him if he tried anything. "Francis Bonnefoy, a pleasure," he bowed. His clothes looked old and ripped. "What are you doing here?" I asked, terrified now. "I am trapped here," he said sadly. "What?" I asked, confused. I just moved in; this is too much to think about.

"Yes... I am cursed to haunt this house for eternity," he said sadly, looking away. "Haunt?" I asked, feeling my face turn pale. I started to feel dizzy at what he said. "Are you okay?" He asked, confused. "Yes, I just need to sit down," I said, trying to place my hand on his should. However, I could not. My hand went through him, making him gasp a little as I fell to the ground.

"I must be seeing stuff again. This is my mind playing games on me," I laughed, holding my forehead. "Yes.... I am seeing stuff; it must be the dust," I tried to laugh, looking at the man. However, my vision began to become blurry as I tried to focus more and more. I was starting to pass out from the shock and horror. "You look like you have seen a ghost," the man laughed, bending down in front of me as my eyes widened. "Oh god," I said as things went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far!!!

Lisa_poo202 On Instagram did another cover for me. I seriously love them!!!