Chapter twelve

"Arthur!!!! I could kiss you!" Francis smiled pulling me in for a hug. "Uhhhh.." I laughed nervously, pulling away. "Sorry, I am just so happy," he smiled at me sweetly. Francis closed his eyes as he felt the cold breeze hit his face. "How about we go out to eat today," I asked him smiling. "Yes!" He smiled as if he were a child. "Let's get you something modern," I laughed looking at how old his clothes looked. "And a shower?" I suggested. "A shower?" He asked, confused.

~
"Oh my god, this is amazing!!! Arthur, do you want to come in too?"
"No, I am fine; I put some clothes out on the counter for you to wear."
"Really?" He asked sliding the curtain open, making me see his naked body. "Whoa!" I laughed nervously, looking away from him. "Thank you," He laughed. "I will let myself out for you to change," I said walking to the door and closing it behind me. I closed my eyes tightly as I groaned, trying to hold back my face turning red. It was no use; I became hot from embarrassment.

"I will be downstairs when you are ready," I called to him, fanning myself. "Okay!" He called back to me. I walked downstairs grabbing my sweater to get ready to leave. "Okay, I have my wallet and keys; I wonder if I am missing-." I cut myself off seeing Francis walking down the steps. His shiny blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail. The white button-up shirt I let him wear had its sleeves rolled to his elbows and tucked in behind his trousers. "Arthur? Are you okay?" He asked, making me snap out of it.

"Yes, I was just remembering if I forgot something," I said nervously as I rubbed my cast on my hand. "You look great," I smiled at him. "Thank you," He smiled back walking closer to me. "It is chilly; you ought to put on a coat because I won't be taking care of you if you get sick," I tossed him a jacket rolling my eyes. However, he kept a smile on his face.

"Of course," he chuckled. It was different seeing him alive. He was so radiant and.... "so beautiful" I smiled, "thinking" as I looked at him. But once I realized what I said I turned around quickly to put on my coat. "I am stupid," I kept thinking to myself. "Let's go!" I laughed opening the door for us to leave. He nodded following beside me.

~

"Wow! The town turned into a city; how amazing," Francis gawked at all the places. "If you want, tomorrow we can take a trip to Paris. I am on medical leave from work for a few days, so we can go," I asked him and his eyes sparked. "Yes!!!" He said hugging me as we walked along the sidewalk. "What do you feel like eating?" I asked pointing to the many places to eat.

"Here!" He smiled, looking in a window of a restaurant. I looked at the sign "pizza," I read and smiled. "Okay then," I smiled, opening the door for him to walk in. "I can order for us," I smiled walking up to the counter to order. "How May I help you?" The man smiled. "Can I have a medium French pizza?" I asked, making the man nod at me. Once I finished ordering, I took a seat with Francis by the window.

"This is amazing; never in my endless existence would I have ever dreamed of this," Francis smiled gratefully. "I am glad you are happy," I chuckled, tapping his hand softly. He looked down and smiled sweetly at this. "I have a question," I started looking at him. "What kind of job did you have before?" I asked him. "Ahh, believe it or not, but I was a teacher. For science!" he laughed, making me widen my eyes. "Wow, That is amazing," I laughed.

"Your order sir," a waiter placed our pizza and drinks in front of us. "Thank you," I replied, looking to Francis who stared confused at the meal. "What is this?" He asked, looking at the drink. "It is called Coca-Cola; try it" I gave him a straw which he also looked confused about. "Like this," I said, opening the straw and placing it in the cup. I did this for his drink and then mine.

"See?" I asked while taking a sip to show him. He made an "o" with his mouth before doing what I showed him. "Wow! That tastes weird, but I like it," he laughed, drinking more of it. "Ready to try some French pizza?" I asked, using my right hand to try and cut it. "Here, let me," he offered, taking the knife. He looked to the knife and then the pizza before smiling as if he realized what to do.

However..... he started to cut the pizza into square pieces. "Close enough,"  I laughed, taking a square piece. "Let me know how it tastes," I smiled, waiting for him to try some. "This is amazing, I have not tasted food in years!!" He shouted, making everyone look at him, confused. "It feels like years," I laughed to cover it up.

"You should be more careful with what you say," I suggested. "Right, of course" he smiled with enthusiasm. He was like a child or something. "How long will I stay like this?" He asked, eating some more food. "I think the spell was permanent .... but I can double check to make sure," I reassured his worries. "So tomorrow we are going to Paris, how exciting; I wonder how much it has changed," he started to daydream about it.

He was so cute when he got so excited. "I bet it is beautiful," he added to his thoughts. "I am sure it is not as beautiful as the people who go to see it" I laughed a bit, seeing his beautiful eyes stare back at me. Wait!!!!! Hold the phone! Arthur? Are you there? Snap out of it! He is literally super old.

As I looked back at Francis, I started to breathe out of my thoughts. "What is it?" He asked, confused. "Oh, nothing, nothing," I lied as I started eating my food again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far❤️