Daddy And I Won't Be Mad

Start from the beginning

After showering myself and bathing Nova, I pick out our outfits for the day. For myself, a yellow romper and brown gladiator sandals. For Nova, a white long quarter sleeve with blue jean shorts and brown sandals like myself. She grabs her crossbody purse and stuffs a few toys into it then runs down the hallway.

"Hey don't you dare run down those stairs. You fall it's gonna be your fault."

"I know mama."

Hearing the tv turn on downstairs, I decide to take this time to do my makeup and hair. Hurrying to my room I sit in front of my vanity mirror and get to work.

Staring at my reflection, I then run my eyes over my entire face. Full lips, almond shaped eyes, not too big nose and perfectly arched eyebrows. My light caramel complexion really set off my honey colored eyes.

Shaking my head, I remember that I needed to meet my best friend, Loran, for brunch. After quickly doing my makeup I pull my sleek straight black and brown ombré hair into a ponytail. Looking at my reflection once more, I am finally happy and ready to go. I grab my purse and sunglasses then walk out the room.

As I pass by the framed pictures on the wall, I stop at one specific photo and frown. Liam. He stands in his military uniform with me by his side. This is when he was officially in the military, just out of bootcamp. He was so excited that day. He told me that was the day he knew I was the one for him. Because I had been by his side for so long and even through fights and problems we always worked it out. We talked about getting married but then the day came that he was taken away from me... from us... Nova and I.

I shake my head to get out of my thoughts then smile and kiss my finger then hold it to the photo. Every time I pass the picture I do this, and for some reason after the sadness of looking at it, it passes by and I feel okay again.

When I finally make it down the stairs I see Nova sitting on the couch watching paw patrol. I don't know why the kids go all crazy over the show but hey it keeps em' quiet.

"Alright Nova let's go hun."

She nods and turns off the tv then jumps off the couch. Grabbing her kid shades off the table, she slides them onto her face and walks over to me.

"I love my little mini me." I says as I pat her bun lightly.

"Mama you're going to mess up my hair!"

She shoves away my hand then hugs my leg. She's such a sassy sweetheart.

"Sorry baby. You ready for school?"

She nods and follows me out the house. After locking the door, we make our way to my Hyundai Santa Fe and I strap her into her car seat. Getting into the drivers seat, I buckle up and turn on kidz bop. Another sacrifice I have to make for having a child. No tv and no music until Nova's away or asleep.

"I'm at a payphone, trying to go home. All of my change I spent on you."

I smile and glance into the rear view mirror at Nova while she tries to sing the words of the song. She fails miserably but she's cute while doing it.

After ten more minutes of kidz bop torture, we finally make it to daycare. Getting out and unstrapping Nova, I see a huge smile appear on her face as she sees a friend.

"Hi Reece!" Nova yells as she jumps down from the car still holding my hand.

The short adorable three year old boy who was walking with his mom turns around and waves, "Hi Nova!"