Twenty

"Captain Marvel! Valkyrie! Your crimes against Daeleknux are punishable by death. Surrender now and die where you stand or be slaughtered in battle." Zephin boomed, anger boiling away at him. His fighters stood by his side like dogs on a chain, desperate to be let loose.

"They do know my name." Valkyrie muttered.

"What crimes?" Carol yelled across the field.

"The murder of my father!" Zephin spat. The Daeleknux went ballistic at his words and yelled insults towards Carol and Valkyrie. They turned to each other in confusion.

"Murder? We never laid a hand on him." Carol said to Valkyrie who nodded.

"You knew the energy would be too much for him and you said nothing. You let him die. You killed him!" The fighters continued to cry out in anger at them.

"We told you. We told both of you. Maybe if you took your head out your-" Carol stopped herself when she remembered she was talking about dead man. " You had your warning. You didn't listen."

"Liar! Do not believe her brothers. Avenge father's death!" Zephin screamed as he led his men towards Carol and Valkyrie.

"Well there definetly trying to kill us now." Valkyrie stated.

"Better for us without Zayum though. Finally, some luck." Carol said as she charged towards the fighters. Valkyrie ran at her side, matching Carol's pace. They were both determined to win this battle, they wanted to go home now more than ever.

Carol had no idea how many Daeleknux fighters they were against but she was confident the pair overpowered them. Quality over quantity. Carol kept reminding herself.

Valkyrie swung Dragonfang with ease, taking down multiple fighters at a time. She barely knew anything about the Daeleknux tribe but she was fairly certain non of them were as old as she was. They hadn't been in as many fights and it showed. Valkyrie kept reminding herself she was stronger than them otherwise Zayum would of survived the energy. Don't let it get to your head.

Punch after punch was thrown. Countless fighters fell to the ground. But not a single person on the field ran away. As much as Carol hated these people she did find that interesting. It was new.

Carol wasn't sure how long they'd been fighting for but she suddenly realised there were less Daeleknux fighters. A lot less. Not that many remained standing and those who were seemed drained of energy. Everyone except Carol and Valkyrie.

"Val! The ships." Carol said as she appeared at her side.

"You wanna take down all five of those fully armed, war ships?"

"Are you doubting me?" Carol questioned.

"I wanna join you." Valkyrie said with a huge grin on her face. She raced over to the pegasus and returned a moment later. "Dragonfang is more than strong enough to handle this. Try to keep up." Valkyrie challenged as she flew towards the ships.

Carol gazed up at her in awe before feeling a weak punch to her back. She kicked his legs out from under him effortlessly and took to the skies.

"Watch out!" Carol yelled to Valkyrie as the ships started to open fire. Valkyrie dodged them just in time but struggled to stay out of the line of fire. Carol shot a photon blast at the ship with more energy than she had used the whole time they had been on Berhert. It blew up the weapons and Carol raced to reach the ship to destroy the ship.

Valkyrie stared at Carol as she flew straight through the ships, tearing it apart. The black sky lit up with the explosion. This easily beats Earths fireworks. Valkyrie thought as she approached a ship. Before it had time to react to her attack, Valkyrie dragged her sword through the belly of the ship causing explosions to spread across.

"My ways quicker." Carol smirked.

"My ways more precise."

Carol laughed as she flew away toward her next target so Valkyrie did the same. They both repeated their strategies as they were the most efficient and as Valkyrie locked eyes on the final warship just as Carol flew through the centre. She proceeded to zig-zag across the ship, making it way harder than it needed to be.

"She loves to show off." Valkyrie said to the pegasus as Carol flew down to her.

"We'll leave those ships. Something for them to escape in." Carol said as she watched the still ships. "They don't have weapons."

"I trust you." Valkyrie assured. Carol smiled at her warmly before glancing down at the remaining fighters. Twenty still standing.