Ride or die

"These guys are doing anything but joking." Valkyrie stated, staring up at the sky.

"She's right." Zephin grunted. Despite the gun he held towards them neither Carol or Valkyrie felt remotely threatened by him. What could be considered a threat to them, however, was the countless Daeleknux fighters that had returned to their leader like dogs.

"I could grab you and we'd easily fly away from here. Get backup from Earth and come back to finish this." Carol whispered.

"No way!" Valkyrie exclaimed. "We're not leaving until they do. Ride or die, right?"

"I think this is more of a fight or flight situation... But i was hoping you'd say that." Carol smiled. "Can you fight?"

"Hell yeah I can fight!" Valkyrie said, determined.

"Get them!" Zephin ordered. The fighters charged towards the pair who stood ready. Before hitting her first opponent, Valkyrie caught a glimpse of Dragonfang.

"I can get my own sword this time!" Valkyrie yelled as she disappeared into the swarm of bodies.

Carol worried for a split second before remembering the amount of energy she had just absorbed. It was the fighters she should be worried about.

Cries of pain filled the forest as fighters were flung meters into the air before plummeting back to the harsh ground.

"Grab her!" Zephin continued. He was trying to observe the battle from a tree that he held on to frantically, the flying bodies almost throwing him off several times. "Take her to the source. We need her powers!" He demanded.

My powers? Carol thought. Then the realisation of what Zephin had said to her hit Carol like a ton of bricks. Energy transferred... Zayum waiting... right chance... grow... anyone who's not Daeleknux dies. Carol tried to catch sight of Valkyrie but couldn't pin point her location in the chaos. She needed to tell her what she'd figured out.

With one thought her familiar energy swirled around Carol's body and she leapt into the air in a second. She saw Valkyrie instantly and flew down to grab her swiftly, to her surprise.

"They never shot at us!" Carol yelled over the sound of gunfire.

"What?" Valkyrie yelled as they rose higher into the air, away from the Daeleknux.

"When we first saw the ships. They shot at our feet, remember?"

"That was they're warning." She said as she tried to adjust to being carried through the air.

"No one else gets warnings. And even after they did poison you they knew we wouldn't leave. That's not who we are. The source was the only thing that could of saved you. I think they knew that, and I think they wanted us to find it."

"You think they wanted us to figure out that was the way to save me?"

"Maybe, but they definetly wanted us there. Energy can't be created or destroyed, but it can grow, it can be absorbed."

"It was growing."

"Zephin said they were waiting for it to grow more. They were waiting got more energy."

"They were waiting for you." Valkyrie said slowly.

"We have to stay away from it. They'll follow us. We fight where we choose." They both scanned their surroundings thoughtfully.

"Down there, it's an open field, no hiding in the shadows with an ambush."

"It's also right beneath the ships."

"You said they won't shoot to kill." Valkyrie smirked.

"You wanna try our luck?"

"Ride or die, baby!"