Aakon

BOOM! It was over in a few seconds but chaos continued after the second explosion.

All hostages were safely out of the compound before it crumbled to the ground. They hadn't seen Carol coming, the element of surprise seemed to of payed off. There was little the Aakons could do.

After Carol appeared, seconds before photon blasting the compound, some rebels gaped in awe at her whizzing through the sky whilst most ran back into the forest to escape, fearing for their lives. Few were left to guard the hostages but by the second explosion that caused the compound to fall most left.

Only two wanted to try their chances at facing Carol. It had been an expectedly short fight.

The building was in smouldering flames when the hostages approached her.

"You're safe," she assured them. "and so is the rest of you're village. If the rebels bother you again your leaders can contact me." They thanked her gratefully and showered her with praise before heading back to their, now safe, homes where they could rest in peace.

One young girl was hesitant to leave. She looked up at Carol with hopeful, gleaming eyes. They were the same as Monica's. They had the same dark colour with raw determination in.

"Are you a superhero?" She asked innocently. Carol smiled and crouched down to her level.

"Yeah, I guess I am. Do you wanna be a superhero?" She asked. The girl nodded eagerly. "What's your name?"

"Luna." She replied sweetly.

"No! I mean your superhero name." The girl giggled and her eyes gleaned even brighter.

"I don't know yet." Carol stood up slowly.

"Well I'm sure you'll think of an awesome one." The girl suddenly wrapped her small arms around Carol's waist and clinged on with all her strength.

"Thank you for saving us from daddy and his mean friends." She whispered. Carol hugged the girl tightly for a moment, holding her gently.

"That's OK. You should go back to your village. You'll be safe from him... I promise." The girl smiled at her again before running after her mum.

Carol looked around at the ruble and ruins. It was deserted. She prayed it would stay that way.

Suddenly her wrist communicator alerted her with an incoming call.

Earth: Avengers