Kill her

"Zayum Knux! Tell your fighters to stand down." Carol demanded. She stood meters away from the Daeleknux tribe, who had finally stopped chanting.

"You gave your word you would leave." Zayum yelled, making sure his fighters could hear.

"That was before I found out you poisoned Valkyrie." Carol said bitterly. "And I never actually gave my word."

"Tell me, did you bury her body or leave it for nature?" He sneered. Carol tried her best not to shoot a photon blast at Zayum's smug face. She needed to buy as much time for Valkyrie as she could. Carol knew if the Daeleknux did manage to kill her, Valkyrie would be on her own. They both had to be cautious.

Valkyrie stopped suddenly and leant against a tree, gasping for air. The poison was burning again. It was taking everything she had to keep going and she was only doing it for Carol.

If she had been anywhere else Valkyrie knew she would be drinking the pain away until her last breath. But not there.

Valkyrie looked over at her right and saw the familiar stream. She stumbled over to it and fell to the floor, exhausted. Peering into her reflection, Valkyrie could see the inky veins had spread to cheeks. She stared down at the reflection. She looked unsurprisingly paler than usual. Weaker. But she had to keep going.

She turned sharply to the trees behind her. There were murmmered voices that seemed to be getting closer. Valkyrie tried to run to the nearest tree without falling and held Dragonfang in both hands.

"Our arrangement has changed. Give me the antidote for the poison and I'll consider not blowing up all your ships and killing every last one of your men." They both stood motionless for a few moments.

"Or I could definetly do all that... it's totally your call." Zayum still had his mouth covered making his expression difficult to read but Carol didn't have to try as he chose his next words quickly.

"Kill her."

The murmering voices were now audible for Valkyrie and she silently thanked Odin for always having her universal translater on her.

"I told you, there's no one here. We need to get back to our post or Zayum will be pissed." One fighter hissed at the other.

"If he even lives. If any of us live." The other replied in a hushed voice.

"This has happened countless times before, we'll be fine."

"We've never fought Captain Marvel before!" He said raising his voice.

"Shut up Zephin. We should be considering ourselves lucky it's taken people this long to figure out what's going on. And I bet they still don't have the full picture. Now let's go back." Valkyrie could hear their footsteps get further away.

I need more information out of them. Valkyrie thought before jumping out from behind the tree, hiding her pain.

"Can either of you boys tell me what the full picture is?"

There were two, maybe three times, as many fighters since the last time Carol fought the Daeleknux. But she was confident Valkyrie and herself could stop them.

The fighters fought hard, determined to knock Carol down. It wasn't enough. Kick after punch came her way followed by a rain of bullets and sharp swords. But Carol continued to make countless fighters fall to the ground.

One singular photon blast could hit five unfortunate fighters. However the numbers didn't seem to go down. Carol continued to fight anyway, it was all she could do in that moment. The rest was up to Valkyrie.

"How are you still alive?" Zephin gasped raising his weapon whilst his friend stood frozen to the spot.

"I asked you a question first." Valkyrie said.

"One we can't answer."

"You mean you won't answer." The two fighters turned to each other, unsure of what to do. "Show me."

"What?" They said in unison.

"The power source. Now."

"No. We can't-" Zephin's words were cut short by the dagger wirling through the air and hitting him in the chest.

"Zephin!" The other cried out and aimed his weapon at Valkyrie who suddenly appearing a step away and kicked the gun out of his hands. He looked stunned as he too fell to the ground.

Zephin clutched the dagger in his chest and stared up at the forest. Valkyrie appeared at his side at placed a hand on the dagger.

"Show me." She said firmly.

"I will, just... don't kill him." Zephin's friend begged.

"Lead the way."

"So your friend is still alive?" Zayum said. Carol couldn't tell where he was but his voice was unmistakable.

"She's a fighter." Carol announced.

"Clearly, but she will not die like one." Carol let out a cry of rage and shot two powerful photon blasts in opposite directions, knocking down two dozen fighters.

"Don't you dare talk about her that way!"

"Stop." He hissed at Valkyrie. In an opening fifty fighters stood on guard in a protective ring. Valkyrie caught a glimpse through a gap in the ring and stared ahead at the blinding light, not wanting to look away.

"Dear Odin!" She whispered. She suddenly remembered the earpiece and went to turn it on. "Carol, I found it... I need you."