Daeleknux

The pair gazed up at the darkening sky to see a couple hundred ships arriving in the atmosphere. There seemed to be no mothership or any sign of a leader yet they still seemed perfectly organized.

"How did we not notice that?" Valkyrie questioned.

"It looks like they've all just come out of a space jump, we couldn't of seen them coming."

Out of nowhere one if the ships fired meters away from the pair, followed by another bomb. The ground trembled around them at the impact but luckily the bomb was too far away to make either of them fall again.

"Get to the forest for cover." Carol ordered.

"You think that'll protect us from bombs?" Valkyrie said as she sprinted along side Carol who shot her a glare.

The ships continued to rain fire as Carol and Valkyrie approached the forest, dirt flying around them.

"Why don't you fly?" Valkyrie yelled over the chaos.

"And leave you? Not happening." Carol shouted stubbornly.

As the two made it to the safety of the forest the ships haulted their fire suddenly. They both turned to each other in confusion. Staring up, they tried to catch even a small line of sight of the ships but the mountainous trees blocked everything.

"I wasn't going to leave you." Carol panted, trying to lock eyes with Valkyrie who continued to stare up at the trees.

"Then your an idiot." She sighed, taking a few steps the way they had just sprinted from. Carol ignored her.

"They weren't shooting at us, you know." Carol stated. Valkyrie turned to her with a look of confusion.

"Kinda felt like it."

"They were shooting at our feet. And I bet they have something to do with the energy." Carol said.

"Wait... look." Valkyrie pointed towards the entrance of the forest where two dozen armed fighters stood. They all wore black cloaks that flowed from the hood, that covered most of their face, down to their knees. Underneath it was strong looking armor that seemed to cover every inch of their skin, including their mouths that could not be seen. All the unearthly warriors were identical except one. He had a gold rim around the edge of his cloak that glimmered and made his presence stand out. He stood at the front of the crowd, motionless and watching.

Carol and Valkyrie glanced at each other and started to warily walk towards their attackers, always staying alert.

"How'd they get down here so quickly?" Valkyrie asked. Carol shook her head, unable to give a verbal answer, studying the assumed leader's gaze watch her own. Carol stopped in her tracks and Valkyrie did the same.

"Who are you?" Carol demanded.

"Zayum Knux." The leaders voice boomed. "Leader of the Daeleknux tribe." He paused. " Who owns this land. Leave now or you will die where you stand." He threatened.

"No one owns Berhert. What makes you think you do?" Carol challenged, taking a courageous step towards the Daeleknux warriors.

"We fought for it. Anyone who stays here dies." Zayum said proudly.

"I think we should change that." Carol said as her powers started to flow around her body.

"Captain Marvel." Zayum announced. "I shall boast about your death to my family." He said through his mask as he took aim. Carol smirked.

"Sure, but really though... don't feel bad when you don't win."