Perfect

"I think I'm dying."

"You're fine."

"Nope. This is gonna be the death of me."

"We've been walking for fifteen minutes."

"I'm dying of boredom." Carol chuckled.

"I don't think that's a thing."

"You're used to this. I don't even know what we're looking for." Valkyrie said impatiently.

"We'll know it when we see it." Valkyrie stared at Carol.

"Wait. You don't even know what it looks like? Or what it is at all, do you?"

"Never claimed I did." Carol said simply. Valkyrie sighed and stretched her arms.

"We're gonna be here forever." She concluded.

"Would that really be so bad. I mean, look around. There's no hostile life. Food grows in sustainable amounts. The ground is mostly even so you could have houses or camps. It's pretty much perfect. So why are we the only ones here?"

"I've been around long enough to know if something seems perfect, it's probably far from it. That's why I never settled here."

Carol nodded slowly but Valkyrie read her expression.

"You don't get a weird feeling from this place?"

"I'm still trying to figure it out."

"Just don't take too long." Valkyrie muttered.

They continued walking and Valkyrie felt more on edge now because of her own words.

Valkyrie kept glancing around them, not realising when Carol stopped suddenly. Valkyrie collided into Carol's back, knocking the breath out of her.

"Oof! Hey, what-" Valkyrie haulted next to Carol when she saw it. Even from a distance it was unmistakable. Valkyrie gaped at the creature in awe. It was beautiful.

It's blond maine flowed down it's neck contrasting it's perfectly white coat. The pair of angel like wings were neatly tucked into it's body.

They both saw the light brown in it's eye as it turned to them, studying their movements. It was intelligent. It knew they could be a threat but Valkyrie could handle it. After all, she'd had a pegasus before.

Valkyrie took an unthreatening step forward whilst Carol continued to stare at the pegasus. It's beauty clearly enchanting her.

The pegasus didn't react to Valkyrie's movements but continued to watch her. Valkyrie walked at a snail pace. Every movement was delicate.

Once she was only meters away, she held out her hand to the pegasus, which moved to face her completely.

"Hey." She whispered. "I won't hurt you."

Once Valkyrie was only a few steps away from the creature she paused. Her hand was in line with it's maine.

She held her breath and took a step. The maine was as smooth as silk, just as she remembered them to be. Valkyrie laughed triumphantly as she continued to run her hands along the pegasus' long hair.

Valkyrie looked back at Carol who watched the interaction in amazement. She mouthed "How?" And Valkyrie laughed again. She beconed her over to the pegasus.

Carol took the same cautious steps as Valkyrie did at a slower pace.

The pegasus turned to Carol and sniffed the air.

"Come closer." Valkyrie encouraged.

Carol came closer but held back from an interaction. Valkyrie saw her timidness and as gently as she strocked the pegasus, took Carol's hand.

She didn't pull back and instead let Valkyrie guide her hand to the pegasus maine and gradually let go. The pair treasured the moment.

"I didn't know there was pegasus' here."

"Pegasi. And neither did I." Valkyrie gleamed, clearly enjoying the interaction.

"You have to tell me how you knew to do that." Carol said.

Maybe she's right. Maybe this place is perfect.