Chapter Seventy-Four

Peeta POV-

Katniss comes back down the hallway.

"Prim is crying." Katniss whispers.

"Why is she crying?" I frown.

She just gives me a sad look and shrugs her shoulders.

"Do you want to talk to her or do you want me to?" I ask her.

"I'll try, just in case it's girl problems. I might need you for backup though. Mom doesn't know what's wrong with her." Katniss whispers in my ear.

I nod my head, "I'll be in here if you need me." I assure her.

Katniss goes back down the hallway and I hear her knock on the door.

"Prim? It's Katniss. I need to talk to you, can I come in?" She asks.

A second later, after I assume an answer, Katniss goes in, closing the door behind her.

I come out into the hall and lean against the wall and wait, just hoping that Prim is alright.

Katniss POV-

"Prim, what's going on?" I ask her, sitting on her bed.

"You and Peeta are leaving me." Prim chokes out.

I frown, "We aren't leaving you, Prim. We are only about ten minutes away is all." I say, brushing her hair out of her sticky face.

"That is bad enough. After summer, you two won't live here anymore and will be like seven Districts away. I won't ever get to see you." Prim tells me.

"Prim, I promise we will come see you every chance we get. I know that it's hard for you and it's hard for us too but it's something we have to do." I say truthfully.

"What if something happens to you or Peeta? What if I never see you guys again?" She asks me worriedly.

"Nothing bad will happen to us. If you don't believe me, just ask Peeta." I say, knowing she will believe it more if it comes from his mouth.

"Can I talk to him?" She asks me, tearing up again.

"I'll go get him, okay?" I say, patting her back.

"Okay." She says.

I lean down and give her a kiss on the forehead, then I go to tell Peeta what's going on and he goes to her room.

I go downstairs to my mom who has been worried sick all day and explain the situation.

Peeta POV-

"Prim is upset about us moving and then leaving District Twelve soon. She wants to talk to you." Katniss says sadly.

I nod and kiss her cheek.

"She will be okay. I will go talk to her."

"Thank you."

I go into Prim's room, shutting the door behind me.

I grab her little pink chair from the corner of the room and sit down awkwardly.

"Are you okay, Prim?" I ask her.

Prim and I have a really good relationship but this is kind of weird for me.

Maybe it's the tiny pink chair?

"Peeta, I don't want you to leave." She says with tears streaming down her puffy face.

I chuckle a little, "Prim, I know it's going to be a big change but it will be okay. I promise that me and Katniss will come home every chance we get and see you." I tell her truthfully.

"Peeta, what if something bad happen to you or Katniss and I never see you again? What if something happens to Mom?" She cries.

I am at a loss for words.

This fourteen year old girl, that should be thinking of herself and is thinking of none other than her mother, sister and me.

She's so much like Katniss.

Exactly like Katniss, actually.

"I promise, nothing bad will happen to any of us. You remember how you told me that Katniss has always protected you and you wanted her to be protected too?"

She nods her head.

"I will always protect Katniss but you have to protect yourself and your mother while we are away. I bet Katniss will protect me too. Nothing bad will happen to any of us. We all love each other too much for that." I assure her.

I understand what she means by all this but I honestly can't afford to think like that right now.

Anything could happen to me, Katniss or our families, but we can't think like that, we just have to go on and live our lives.

We can't live in fear.

Thinking like that helps nothing and strangely enough, Katniss showed me that.

"Okay, you promise me?" She says suspiciously.

"Prim, don't you trust me? You said that with a very suspicious tone!" I laugh, reaching over and poking her nose.

"No, I trust you, Peeta. I just have to be a little like my sister, a little difficult." She giggles instantly drying up her tears.

"Well, that's why I love you both." I say, reaching over and ruffling her hair.

"Peeta! You messed up my braid that Katniss did this morning!" She says angrily laughing.

I chuckle, "How about I have Katniss come up and we will discuss everything with her too and she can fix your braid?" I say.

"Okay." She says.

I retrieve Katniss and she comes in and sits down on Prim's bed.