Chapter Forty-Nine

Peeta POV- (March)

(Letter from the University of Panem)

"Mr. Mellark,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the University of Panem for your outstanding academic achievements from grades K-12. Congratulations! We hope to see you on campus this August.

Sincerely, the UP Board."

I can't believe it.

I got accepted into the University of Panem.

My dream school

They have the best program in all of Panem and produce the most high-class bakers and I'm going to be one of them!

I have to tell Katniss!

Hopefully, she got accepted too because she applied with me and then we could be at the same college.

Maybe things will work out perfectly for us after all!

So I decide to call her.

Maybe she got her letter too.

(On the phone with Katniss)

"Hello?" She answers.

"We need to talk as soon as possible." I say excitedly.

"Sure, Peeta. What's going on?" She asks me.

"Nothing too important. I just need to go over something with you, don't worry. Wanna meet me at my house?"

"Sure. I will be there in about an hour. Prim and I just have to run and get the mail and some groceries and then I will come over."

"Okay, I'll see you soon. I love you." I say smiling.

"I love you too." Katniss says and hangs up.

If she didn't get in, I know we won't be this happy for long.

Every time college is brought up we start fighting, but maybe our fighting will end today.

Katniss POV-

"I will run inside to get the mail." Prim says as I pull up to the post office.

I nod and she retrieves the mail, a minute later, she comes back out.

"Nothing but this letter." Prim says handing it to me.

I look down and it says my name and 'University of Panem' on the back.

I get really excited.

It could be an acceptance letter!

I know Peeta will get accepted for sure so I'm hoping I will too!

"Open it!" Prim says.

"No, I will wait until I go to Peeta's to open it." I tell her.

She groans.

I take the letter and shove it into my back pocket.

Prim and I go to the store and then I take her home and head to Peeta's house.

I really hope his excitement isn't about college but I have a feeling, it is.

There's a chance that I didn't get in or that he didn't and that is nerve wracking.