Chapter Six

Katniss POV-

After eating every last drop of Peeta and I's homemade pizzas, Finnick and the others decide its time to, and I quote Finnick here, "Get the party started.'

Finnick runs upstairs and retrieves a game only Finnick Odair would play at age 17.

'Candy Country.'

A game for four year olds.

Of course there will be six teams of two which means all the couples are a team.

So Gale and Madge, Cato and Clove, Glimmer and Marvel, Finnick and Annie, Johanna and Thresh, and then me and Peeta.

We aren't a couple but if he wasn't here, I would be alone so I'm happy he's here.

Peeta and I are still kind of awkward about what happened earlier.

I'm not sure what came over us but I know I'm not going to bring it up because I have no idea what I think or feel about it.

I think it was nothing more but a simple hormonal whim, at least on his part.

We play several rounds that consist of Finnick jumping up and down on his usual sugar high because he made up a rule that whoever wins, has to eat a sugar cube.

He and Annie usually win.

We finish up and decide to get into our pajamas and set up our sleeping bags and start the movies.

All the guys head up to Finnick's bedroom to change and all the girls go to a guest bedroom to change.

"What's wrong, Katniss? You have kinda seemed a bit down lately." Annie asks me quietly.

"I am fine. I just miss seeing you guys at school 24/7." I tell her truthfully but tonight, that's not what is bothering me.

Annie smiles and says, "Well, Kat, I am sorry and I will try to see about more gatherings outside school."

Before I can reply, my thoughts are lost with Glimmer's screaming.

"Marvel, put me down now!" Glimmer squeals as Marvel and all the other guys come and pick up their girlfriends, throwing them over their shoulders and down the stairs.

I just stop and stare at all of these idiots as Peeta is the last to shyly come in.

"Would you like to join me down stairs with the rest of your crazy friends?" Peeta asks me with a smirk and I instantly feel better.

I laugh and say, "I would love to."

I link arms with him and together we walk down the stairs, arm in arm and find them all already snuggling up together.

I sigh and find my sleeping bag and Peeta finds his and we exchange sympathetic glances.

The movie begins and I pull the blanket up to my ears and peek out enough to see the action.

And by action, I guess I mean all the couples making out and it's for sure not the action I wanted to see.

Peeta and I can't really focus on the movie because everyone else in the room is not even watching the movie so I shoot Peeta an apologetic look and he just smiles and shrugs his shoulders.

"Um. Can you guys not be disgusting?" I say to Finnick, as he backs into.

I push him back over, annoyed.

He looks up, "Shut up, you're just jealous you're not doing that with your friend over there." He says to me and then kisses Annie wildly.

I roll my eyes, my face feeling hot and look at Peeta, but he just looks away.