Chapter Thirty-eight:

A/N: this chapter is a bit of a bluh, my writers' block isn't really helping me.

also, yeah, you all kinda called what's going to happen next so, that's good.

I wanted to post another chapter pretty early this week since I am busy and I didn't want to post only one chapter again this entire week, so I hope you'll like it. I think it's starting really good but continues as more of a filler chapter. sorry if it's not your thing.

---------------------------------

Zach's POV:

The alarm went on sooner than I thought it will.

Ugh. Thank god it's Thursday.

I brushed my teeth and got dressed, I skipped the morning shower since I overslept after the alarm went on.

I went downstairs to grab some coffee. I wasn't hungry, I was just tired.

"good morning honey" mom greeted me as I entered the kitchen.

"g'morning" I mumbled at her.

I took out from the upper cabin the largest mug I could find and started pouring coffee into it.

I took a large sip and sighed.

What would I do without coffee?

"you said you need to tell me something last night?" I asked my mom.

Dad stopped reading the newspaper and laid it down the table.

"I think it'll be better for you to sit down for this one" dad said.

"it's not like you're sending me away to boarding school, right?" I laughed.

Both of my parents sighed.

"right?" I repeated myself.

"of course not, Zachary" mom said.

"so? What's with the long faces?" I asked as I sat down the table.

"Zach, we're selling the bakery," mom said.

"YOU'RE WHAT?!" I yelled.

"we're still going to work there, but it's no longer going to be ours" mom added.

"please don't tell me you sold it to Jack... that psychopath, I can't believe this!" I whined.

"we're selling it to Hellen. Jack's mother. My friend. She's a great businesswoman" mom said.

"but why?! Why would you sell it?!"

"Zach, as much as we love to run a bakery, sometimes it's hard to manage it all. You can't just close eat early, or open late just because you want to, you can't call a sick day, and well, after your conversation about how busy you feel, we realized you're right, and we're feeling the same way. It's a bit too much" mom said.